I get notified of EVERY listing and sale...
Well, let's be honest, the Sunset is Asian (Chinese) city. According to Chinese superstition and feng shui, being near water is actually good, right? Come on, I would worry more about global warming when the tides rise if one lives out on 48th Ave. Nevertheless, here is what I found on the subject that puts a positive spin on being near the reservoir:
10 Tips for Good Feng Shui
A Chinese design system originally used as a town planning tool, Feng Shui is not a one-size-fits-all system. It depends on factors such as birth dates and professions and differs between families, but here are some basic tips to increase your positive energy, chi.
1. Don’t align your front and back door or be able to see from one side of your home to the other. Otherwise, wealth and prosperity that comes in will flow straight back out again.
2. Avoid homes at the end of T-intersections. Chi travels in natural, meandering curves so long, straight roads accelerate the energy too quickly, turning it into negative energy sha.
3. Opt for curved architecture in your home. Natural, curving shapes enhance the flow of chi and the positivity that comes with it.
4. Avoid placing your staircase directly at the entrance. If you can walk straight down stairs and out the front door, so can your money.
5. Pick a home with water views. Water is the only substance that can hold chi so it is a positive element to have near. If you can’t afford a waterfront abode, a pool could be a substitute.
6. A hilly or mountainous backdrop is also ideal. Just as water holds chi, wind blows it away so protecting your home from strong winds is good feng shui.
7. Position your bed so your toes point in any direction but towards the door. This is the coffin position and is symbolic of death being able to pull you out while you are sleeping.
8. Avoid homes set below street level. This setup is said to create relationship tensions.
9. The ideal block is rectangular and slopes slightly upwards. The incline is symbolic of the property’s future value growth.
10. Don’t buy a home on a busy road. The fast traffic will disperses chi.