Top 10 healthiest housing markets

The Bay Area is home to some of California’s healthiest housing markets, according to an analysis by financial technology firm SmartAsset, and you may be surprised by which areas made the list.

We’ve ranked the top 10 hottest markets in Northern California, and particularly in the Bay Area — with the North Bay fielding candidates unheard of as contenders only a few years ago.

The company took into account four major factors to make their determination: Stability, affordability, fluidity and risk of loss. Stability was measured by the number of years people remain in their homes and the percentage of homeowners with negative equity, a signal of possible future foreclosure.

1 Like

I don’t own anything on this list. Sad!

@sfdragonboy and I are in with Fremont! There has to be credit to Daly City for being closer to #1 and #2.

@myo,

Yeah, Fremont was def a good find and I still think has some legs to go actually with some of the lesser grading but rising neighborhoods. One thing I like about Fremont is the fairly large sized lots that can easily accommodate additions or inlaw units. Weather is pretty good too.

San Bruno, I def liked awhile ago, and probably would have bought something in the hills since the homes are nice and detached but I just didn’t like the idea of being negative for a spell.

For whatever reason, I was never hot on DC. Parts of it are even colder and foggier than SF. I may have subconsciously associated DC with Colma with all of its cemetaries too.

Update…