Trump tax plan and RE

This is why the country is doomed. Small groups of special interest can stop things that benefit the majority. We have about a decade until people realize how bad the spending problem is with medicare, medicaid, social security, and interest on debt. No tax plan is going to generate enough tax revenue to solve it.

Does NRA count as one???

Yes, due to aboveā€¦

Lol. Go live in Chicago. They have the laws you want. Youā€™ll be 100% safe.

Summary
Singapore has one of the toughest gun control laws in the world. According to the Arms Offences Act, unlawful possession or carrying of firearms is punishable with imprisonment and caning. Using or attempting to use arms when committing a scheduled offense is punishable with death. The death penalty may also apply to the offenderā€™s accomplices present at the scene of the offense.

No, this sounds way better and frankly doable. I agree, we donā€™t enforce or have as tough laws as in Singapore but I am not hearing people are clamoring for the right to bear arms thereā€¦

1 Like

Do they have the death penalty for murder? If youā€™re killing someone and facing the death penalty for that, who cares about a second death penalty for using a gun to do it?

If you ban guns, you better seal the border or guns will come into the US the same way drugs do.

[quote=ā€œsfdragonboy, post:82, topic:1161, full:trueā€]

Does NRA count as one??? <----------Nobel Prize winner! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Somebody just got his mouthtrap shut.

Mr Pro Apple and Austin would be the best commentator regarding Singapore, but my understanding is that laws are fairly tough there. Remember the American brat, err, young man who went there and either did grafitti or spit gum - should have gotten 20 lashes!!!

Here ya goā€¦

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/27/us/teen-ager-caned-in-singapore-tells-of-the-blood-and-the-scars.html

Singapore is a police state. Basically just a cityā€¦ Law and order is strictā€¦ Not a transferable model to a huge non homogeneous countryā€¦

They amended the billā€¦LOL

The amended bill includes a technical change that immediately adopts a revised measure of inflation, known as ā€œchained CPIā€, which would change how inflation is calculated, thus slowing the speed at which tax brackets grow with inflation. As a result, Americans would more quickly find themselves in higher marginal tax brackets ā€” jumping from a 12 percent top bracket to 25 percent, for example ā€” as their incomes increase.

The chained measure would also slow the value growth of some inflation-adjusted tax benefits, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit.

[quote=ā€œbuyinghouse, post:86, topic:1161, full:trueā€]

No one has demonstrated it would benefit anyone except criminals. All you have is emotional reactions vs data that proves the exact opposite. Yeah, I know data and numbers mumbo jumbo. Iā€™ll take data over opinions.

Deflecting again?

You ainā€™t going to deflect on this one. See Marcus? I like to dissect what you say, and I know you will deflect on ā€œemotional crapā€.

You were caught red handed and you canā€™t escape what you said. Denounce the criminals from the NRA, for being a small group that is profiting over the killing, or injuring hundreds of Americans in a daily basis with their support of guns of rapid fire.

Like some other people told you, express your sentiments, or grab that data and shove it you know where. The relatives of Americans dying every day would appreciate a word of support, not a hiena smiling because he knows ā€œdataā€.

Iā€™m not deflecting. I said find data that shows itā€™ll benefit. Iā€™ve presented plenty that proves it wonā€™t. I see no point here when you think your opinion beats data. Thatā€™s so irrational that thereā€™s no logic.

Deflecting again?

You ainā€™t going to deflect on this one. See Marcus? I like to dissect what you say, and I know you will deflect on ā€œemotional crapā€.

You were caught red handed and you canā€™t escape what you said. Denounce the criminals from the NRA, for being a small group that is profiting over the killing, or injuring hundreds of Americans in a daily basis with their support of guns of rapid fire.

Like some other people told you, express your sentiments, or grab that data and shove it you know where. The relatives of Americans dying every day would appreciate a word of support, not a hiena smiling because he knows ā€œdataā€.
[/quote]

LOLā€¦this guy is either dumb or narcissist. Really!

Yes, and thereā€™s zero evidence that less people would die. So when people are still dying after you ā€œfixā€ the problem, what will you tell people? Sorry, I ignored all the data and used my opinion to decide what to do.

LOLā€¦this guy is either dumb or narcissist. Really!

[/quote]

https://money.usnews.com/investing/news/articles/2017-11-07/factbox-whats-in-tax-bill-us-house-republicans-are-debating

If you do the math, the corporate tax gains are more than the losses. Meaning, corporations would pay more total taxes despite lower tax rates. I thought the tax bill was a give away to corporations?

Also, look at the individual items. Increasing the standard deduction only helps those that donā€™t itemize (lower incomes). Expanding the child tax credit helps lower incomes, since thereā€™s an income cap on the credit. Mortgage, state, and local tax reduction/elimination hits high earners too, since only the top 10% would even itemize. Theyā€™ll have less to itemize.

Itā€™s interesting what the facts are vs the hysteria and headlines.

This is something anybody with a non partisan mind should see. Whatever you hear or see, it is telling you this is not a free market. To be so, incentives and tax deductions have to be equal for all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johntharvey/2017/11/08/disastrous-trump-tax-plan/#4e78dede4dd3

You realize that article is advocating people like you paying more taxes? Iā€™m not sure how you ā€œcutā€ taxes on people that are already paying zero to very little in taxes. Any tax ā€œcutā€ would be straight up income redistribution.