Uber is doomed

I was trying to bring my quality of posting down to your level so that it can be understood by you, but I realize now that however much I try, I can’t go below a certain level.

Uber is doomed - #168 by Roy321 This post was not about English competency. I’ll repeat it again, you cut off half of my comment (thereby removing the contextual information) & misquoted me.

I have no interest in being a grammar or literacy police.

1 Like

No problem, my apologies for any harsh wording.

Life is too short, you know that. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-23/uber-said-it-shortchanged-nyc-drivers-will-pay-out-millions

2 Likes

Dogpile continues.

Anthony Levandowski fired:

Their NY head quits:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ubers-controversial-nyc-manager-leaving-180531578.html

1 Like

The ride-hailing company on Wednesday told The Wall Street Journal first-quarter revenue was $3.4 billion, up 18% from the fourth quarter. Its loss, excluding employee stock compensation and other items, was $708 million, narrower than the $991 million reported three months earlier.

The company, which has raised some $15 billion in equity and debt funding, said it still has $7.2 billion of cash left on hand, about the same as it had at the end of last year.

Uber said its head of finance, Gautam Gupta, 37 years old, is leaving the company in July to join another startup in San Francisco. The company declined to disclose the name of the startup or comment further.

Since 2015, Uber has been without a chief financial officer after Brent Callinicos took on an advisory role and left to join transportation startup Hyperloop One the following year. Mr. Gupta, who joined Uber in 2013, served under Mr. Callinicos as head of finance but wasn’t elevated to the financial chief position.

1 Like

Uber is still a multi billion dollar hotshot… I wouldn’t worry about their ship’s direction too much…

2 Likes

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/06/more-than-20-employees-fired-at-uber-in-sexual-harassment-investigation-report.html

2 Likes

This is actually the most bearish thing I’ve seen on Uber and Lyft. The customer happiness has been steadily declining for both Uber and Lyft. Now it’s no better than the transportation industry overall. So much for the Uber/Lyft are significantly better than traditional transportation argument. Once they price rides to create a profit, the demand will plummet.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lyft-barely-hanging-edge-uber-154815907.html

i use Uber/Lyft pretty often. Here’s the primary reasons i use it:

• To get to / back from the airport when local. Once it became more expensive for me to park LT at the airport (actually when it came close to it) vs paying uber/lyft. I switched
  • While traveling for work, since it costs less, i dont need to deal with taxis that dont want to take credit cards, and i dont waste time with signing receipts, etc. i get to my location and hop off

i have no preference on this. If cab companies or any other company will provide me a decent ride, that i can book online, pay through the app (so i dont have to deal with the hassle of getting cards out and associated risks with it), and charges me a reasonable rate, i will take it. so I have used Didi, Lyft, Grab, Uber.

Uber has no moat for travelers like me. And cab companies could get me using them frequently again if they do the above.

1 Like

I don’t know what to say. Just when you think they cant go any lower, this company does.

1 Like

Does the CEO have a controlling vote of shares? I don’t see how the board can allow him to remain. It’s clearly a systematic failure.

1 Like
1 Like

Good grief.

“Do not have sex with another employee UNLESS a) you have asked that person for that privilege and they have responded with an emphatic ‘YES! I will have sex with you’ AND b) the two (or more) of you do not work in the same chain of command. Yes, that means that Travis will be celibate on this trip. #CEOLife #FML.”

Oh poor poor Travis… Such a hard life.

One wonders if they have “private cubicles” available for Friday cocktail hours.

1 Like

Google has private rooms to destress and yet no issue. People just don’t like Kalanick?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-13/uber-ceo-to-take-leave-diminished-role-after-workplace-scandals

1 Like

Travis is just not strong enough. Every successful company will have scandals and lawsuits. Especially one as successful as uber. If I were him I could care less about these things. I would just go on my daily business of trying to add value to the company.

Is he saying that his presence diminishes the company’s value so that’s why he needs to take leave??? Very questionable move…

I think he was forced out. There are legal threats, moral threats and political threats.

But Uber is now really doomed without Travis.

How would would-be Uber millionaire employees feel now?

I would still be laughing all the way to be bank if I were an early uber employee…