Uber is doomed

I think calling myself a hypocrite is like shooting myself on the foot.

Now, what’s your take on this one: Definition Of Idiots: SF Board Of Supervisors

1 Like

I read it as more like the collective “we”. As in all of us investors in Silicon Valley. That’s why I liked it myself.

I don’t read every post here. Is there other instance of name calling? I usually step in and say something when I see something out of line. On the other hand I remind myself not to take things too seriously. Tough balance.

1 Like

There are no Uber stocks to buy, but if it goes public it will be popular. .Just like Airbnb…but who knows in the long run

You can call yourself(ONLY) whatever you want.

That’s why I quoted the following earlier.

Anyways, your forum & your rules.

That’s my point. [quote=“buyinghouse, post:61, topic:1758”]
Definition Of Idiots: SF Board Of Supervisors
[/quote]

Not looking for a fight but…shall we make others do the same? …Definition Of Idiots: SF Board Of Supervisors

Are the SF Board of Supervisors a member/members of this forum?

I think it is ok to trash non-members (such as Trump, other politicians) but it is not ok to attack individual members with name calling (such as calling them stupid, idiots, etc.)

3 Likes

Right. So in that particular case of “we hypocrites” I didn’t read the “we” as referring to some members specifically. More like “we the Silicon Valley investors”. Others may read it differently though.

My idea of name calling is more along the line of “you are stupid” “no, you are stupid”.

Compared to Patrick.net this forum is very civilized

2 Likes

I am well known where I go for being a straight arrow. To the point.

Yes, people not present are victims of our audacity. But, just imagine you are a well known person being mentioned on any forum with denigrating terminology. You don’t belong to the forum or group, so you will be a subject of indictment without a trial. I’ve done it, mea culpa.

Insulting, swearing at other person?
Something similar happened to me last Thursday at school. We are aware that we need to tell parents who are entering into the parking lot turning left on it not to do it, it has caused more than one accident and their rights to use the parking lot are jeopardized already. Most of parents take their time to go around the block to make a right turn into it.
I caught 2 cars that day, not only attempting to make a left turn, but honking to us so we could hurry up to enter the parking lot. I signaled them to not make a left turn. As I was driving into the parking lot, to drop my daughter inside the school, I heard somebody yelling. I thought it was one of my friends at the school. I turned around only to see this guy gesturing and yelling like crazy. So, as I was told, I entered the school dropping area, dropped my daughter and let the guy in charge to tell the crazy guy to not do the left turn. I exited the school and stopped at the red traffic light, turning down into Alum Rock.

Then I heard a guy honking somewhere, and looking through my rear mirror I see this guy coming towards me furious, very furious…and starts yelling at me, calling me names because I told the guy in charge of the school he has done something against the rules. Yelling it’s OK to me, I can stand it. But when he started to remind me of my mother…I lost it! And the swearing went back and forth…but the traffic light turned green, I took off, the guy went running back to his car…and a block away I saw him chasing me down. I turned into my street, the guy behind me! As I drove half a mile into my street, the honking didn’t stop. As I was about to take that fatidic bend nearby, the garbage truck was doing what it does, 4 cars behind it waiting to make the bend. The guy behind me, pretty scary. I then, passed the 5 vehicles risking my life since the bend, which has seen so many car accidents, was right there.

I am here, the guy seems to have made a u turn and went back to his route. But, yes, one word can be as incendiary as a match thrown on a dry forest in the very month of July.

So, what the shell, let’s keep going. More things were lost in Troya.

Hey there, nothing wrong with my thread… I am calling them idiots not any of you fabulous folks…

When Uber’s chief executive was sued last winter in an antitrust case, the company’s general counsel, Salle Yoo, wanted a bit of intelligence on the opposition.

She wrote to Uber’s chief security officer, asking, “Could we find out a little more about this plaintiff?”

Uber ultimately hired an outside agency, Ergo, to begin investigating the background of the plaintiff, a conservationist associated with Yale University named Spencer R. Meyer.

Ergo told Uber that it would start digging and would ultimately prepare a report that “highlights all derogatories.”

1 Like

Hmmmm…I may be one of those supervisors…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great…here’s hoping you are Jane Kim… Jane, you ignorant slut…

1 Like

manch! Somebody is using a bad word! :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::anguished:

1 Like

You must have missed this one:

I personally think Airbnb doesn’t tend to exploit individuals, it’s really exploiting the hotel laws

1 Like

Point is Aibnbs cut went from 7% to 13% with no added value…In reality most people are lucky to get a 5% return on costs…Airbnb makes more than its hosts and has no skin or capital in the game…So the Tahoe house grosses $219k…What is the net? Less mortage, utilities, airbnb fees, management costs, maintenance, etc…Airbnb actually gets another 3% from the host…So they get 16% of 220k…almost $35k for doing nothing…Assume the house is worth $3m. Depreciation alone is $60k,
Taxes $36k, utilities $12k, Management at 30% is $66k, maintenance $10k, Mortgage $60k-$100k…
Pretty much breakeven at best and a huge loss on paper thanks to depreciation. …

That’s the beauty of operating a marketplace. Reason why they are worth 25B and not us.

1 Like

Sounds like ebay/paypal all over again.
Users hated it but there are no good alternatives with the same number of users.