Uncle Manch, Let's Buy This One

Um… I like those little LA Chinese towns. San Marino is my favorite… :laughing:

Graduated there, which city?

She is an ABC. Don’t like anything Chinese.

Most people do realize it… I have had many co-workers come in and leave and wish they stayed. Probably freezing their arses back east somewhere. Housing prices are notoriously higher here because everyone wants to be here. It is that simple. Don’t think too much.

1 Like

I love Sydney, although Melbourne is not bad either. If I don’t have to work I’d definitely leave America altogether. Not an ideal place to live IMO.

Now I am very curious how you live. :thinking:

She dreams and fantasizes about a much better lifestyle beyond her current one, not realizing her current one might be as good as it’s going to get… poor girl… however not being satisfied with the present is the driving force of a better future as you’ve stated, right? Work harder, Miss Harriet!!! :rofl:

I don’t think she means King Cross or Little Bourke street.

I think she should station in Singapore. Is very convenient to Australia and many nice places such as Bali and James Bond beach in Thailand or across the border to West Malaysia.

To me Australia and America are pretty similar. So I am very curious what’s the draw to @harriet ?

@hanera actually lived in Australia for years. What do you think are the similarities and differences in the two countries?

I have been twice…Great if you like the beach life…Sydney is a great city with Miami like weather…
Just very isolated if you travel a lot…And lousy skiing…But great food, wines, surfing…easy to get around and friendly people

Much better food and infrastructure than the US. You guys should pay a visit some time.

Not true. Even motherland is better than here. I’d totally go back and retire there than to stay here if money is not an issue.

1 Like

Um… not interested in living in a society that was based off of a penal colony and the exploitation and torturing of the aboriginal people. Karma will come back and haunt you for that… :wink:

You meant America right? To top it off America even imported slaves.

I agree with @wuqijin here. I think Sydney, Melbourne etc are fine to visit and they are quite fun, but almost all my friends that have been there 5 or more years hate the attitude, especially in the workplace. They’re pretty lazy, sexist, and “ageist” in the workplace in general and scoff at younger people trying hustle and work hard to move up sooner. I guess if you were planning to sit on the beach all day and weren’t planning to work there then it’s fine I suppose. As Wuqi said, the penal colony and being part of UK vibe is strong there. Housing is also stupid expensive compared to wages.

1 Like

Karma will come back and haunt… :wink:

What infrastructure is better? Roads suck, the internet and Telco is slow and bottlenecked since country is so big with such small population. Taxes are high. My friends living there even today complain about the infrastructure all the time. Outside of healthcare being cheaper, in general it’s worse there. I use to thing Australia would be a wonderful place to live too before I visited, but now I have the complete opposite opinion of it after being there a few times and talking to friends living there that imagined the same before moving.

1 Like

Karma is just fairy tale invented by the victims. Victors never worried about silly things such as Karma. That’s why they are winners not losers.

1 Like

Maybe I’m coming across as overly negative about Australia, but I prefer valid points. I’m not defending the Bay area by any means. There’s lots of bad things about the bay area, but the perception is that the grass is always greener on the other side.

2 Likes

Um… then what about those poor Palestinians? Good grief… :rofl:

Transportation, overall cleaniness of the city, organization, etc. I think you are being influenced too much by your friends. I know a few Australians as well (who are now working here) and they complain to me day in and day out how they much prefer to live in Australia and the only reason they are here is because they are stuck with their jobs.