Visualizing the Global Millionaire Population

Just minted a new billionaire in SF last week.

Dylan Field, the co-founder and CEO of San Francisco-based Figma, is on the cusp of an epic windfall after Adobe ADBE, -3.12% announced plans to acquire his company for $20 billion this week. Field will stay on with Figma (which makes collaborative design tools), and he reportedly owns a a sizable stake in his company. Forbes estimated it at 10%, which means Field could be looking at a $2 billion payday from the deal.

One of my co-workers left for Figma a few months ago. I’m not sure what his vesting schedule for the acquisition will be, but I’m sure he scored big.

I knew someone who worked there. He couldn’t withstand the pressure of working long hours and quit before anything got vested. I tried to convince him to stay for the stock options but he accused me of being “money-driven”.

2 Likes

He is banging his head against the wall now.

I hope so. But then he told me that he doesn’t care about money.

What a loser. Wealth is not destined for the weak.

:-1:

1 Like

Which group are you in? Weak or strong :wink:

Can only say this after $1B net worth :moneybag:

Like me. I will be Loser for life

1 Like

Buying a new iPhone = subscribing to OnlyFans.

1 Like

If the price of a new iPhone once a year keeps someone from being rich, they have bigger issues.

Left out number 1… paying rent instead of buying your own home. Number one reason for wealth disparity is owning your own home vs renting

2 Likes

Optimal time to upgrade is 2-3 years, equivalent to about $200-$250 per year (with trade in) and always owning relatively new iPhone.