Was The Ghost Ship Tragedy Inevitable?

People are unaware of how and when to clean a refrigerator. .now I think I will put in the lease agreements. .I just cleaned one today on a rental turn over…The apartment was a total pig sty but the refer coils and motor were remarkably dust free…
Here is a device that might help…https://www.partsips.com/vacuum-attachment-refrigerator-condenser-coil-cleaning-tool-part-8171579a?gclid=CjwKEAiAg5_CBRDo4o6e4o3NtG0SJAB-IatYUPjHXLIAvPfARksT4JwJ4cd-50fcZjcrk_fHUvTgPRoCFSLw_wcB

I have been investing with John for 20 years…These warehouses need major overhaul. .Over $100/sf before they are legally habitable…And they are not allowed for A occupancy…like for a club…They have to be upgraded seismicly and all other health and safety issues resolved too…and then work/live loft are allowed…not allowed for parties or night clubs…This was a management failure…Absentee landord and irresponsible master tenant…

1 Like

Warehouse price could drop a lot if the city starts to evict artists and enforce code. Could be a great opportunity for developers to buy low, convert and profit.

This will be a huge gentrifier.

The landlord lady comes every month to collect rent herself. Not absentee by any means. She’s in deep trouble now.

Landlord needs to evict any tenant who is doing any illegal construction. City needs to relax the law to let landlord to evict bad tenants easily and with reasonable legal cost.

It is too hard to evict bad tenant in Oakland and SF. City should be sued for all the deaths. City should issue a notice to declare the building as dangerous and police should evict the tenants immediately from illegal buildings.

2 Likes

So, does the owner get off the hook or not so fast???

The only way to prevent this is to repeal rent control and allow police and firemen to declare dangerous buildings for immediate mandatory evacuation.

1 Like

Immediate?

Yes, immediate. The spell correction needs to be smarter :grinning:

I didn’t know this forum had one

iPhone has a spell corrector. It just correct to a valid word, but often the wrong word

1 Like

http://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/Oakland-fire-marshal-found-no-warning-from-12431571.php

If a guy firing a loaded gun isn’t guilty, there’s no way they’ll be guilty.

Well, technically this is Oakland while the other case was SF…

Hmmm, too light, too stiff or just about right? I say, too light…

If they had evicted all those people, would they have been sued for that?

City should allow evictions and should make it automatic to evict tenants from unsafe buildings.

Rent control is mother of all these.

Well, there was the commercial building in the Fab 7x7 that was illegally converted to an SRO or something like that and so when the new owner wanted to convert it back to its rightful state the city came in and say nooooooooo. Idiots!!!