We are reaching $1 Trillion deficit. Great!

I think we are in the $1 Trillion mark now.

More tax cuts please!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/why-america’s-return-to-dollar1-trillion-deficits-is-a-big-problem-for-you/ar-AAvGSMO?ocid=spartanntp

More troubles for Bezos.

And for those investing in the stock market. :smiley:

Not me!:rofl:

What about RE? I’m waiting to buy.

1 Like

Not my forte.

You know more than me.

Yawn. Social security and Medicare are funded by payroll taxes not income taxes. Payroll taxes weren’t cut. If anything, as labor force participation increases the amount of payroll taxes collected is increasing. That improves the situation.

If anyone else actually believes tax cuts are the problem, then I can post the data that shows:

1. Tax revenue increases in the years following tax cuts
  2. Spending on entitlements as a percent of GDP has skyrocketed since the 1950’s
  3. Military spending is lower as a percent of GDP than it was on the 1950’s

This forum is turning itself into a bunch of PC personalities. The same personality they say they hated. That’s a big LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The tax cuts, by the way, will help push the federal deficit over $1 trillion next year, according to the CBO, which makes clear that they won’t pay for themselves. On Sunday, also in the Washington Post, a group of Democratic economic advisors called foul on the Hooverites’ claim that benefits for the middle class and working class swamp the economy, but tax cuts for the rich are just what the doctor ordered.

“The tax cuts passed last year actually added an amount to America’s long-run fiscal challenge that is roughly the same size as the preexisting shortfalls in Social Security and Medicare,” wrote Martin Neil Baily, Jason Furman, Alan B. Krueger, Laura D’Andrea Tyson and Janet L. Yellen. "It is dishonest to single out entitlements for blame….The primary reason the deficit in coming years will now be higher than had been expected is the reduction in tax revenue from last year’s tax cuts, not an increase in spending."

Wow!

I thought the PC liberals were gone? :smiley::smiley::smiley:

The U.S. budget deficit widened to $898 billion in the 11 months through August, exceeding the Congressional Budget Office’s forecast for the first full fiscal year under the Trump presidency.

The budget deficit rose by a third in the October to August period from $674 billion in the same timeframe a year earlier, the Treasury Department said in a statement on Thursday. Spending rose by 7 percent to $3.88 trillion, outpacing revenue gains of 1 percent to $2.99 trillion. Revenue from corporations fell to $163 billion, down by $71 billion from a year ago.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-13/u-s-budget-deficit-swells-to-898-billion-topping-forecast

2 Likes
2 Likes

First budget cut should be:

Just look at the size of some of these departments.
Veteran affairs 373,000
Homeland security 192,000
Treasury 92,000
Justice 117,000
Interior 71,000
HHS 87,000
Transportation 55,000
Commerce 46,000
Labor 16,000
Social security administration 64,000
EPA 16,000
NASA 17,000

We’re talking about government departments that dwarf the size of very successful businesses.

https://datalab.usaspending.gov/federal-employees.html

That has a breakdown of what they do, what states they are in, etc.

We have to read the usual deflector in chief. The poor guy kind of forgets we had the famous tax cuts which would erase or lower the deficit, or our national debt, I can’t recall which one.
Same analogy is being used by the turdblicans, “entitlements”. That’s how they are calling the services people have paid for years, services they so deserve, nothing to do with income taxes which corporations are savvy to skirt.

Many departments are lacking personnel, and even with the departments empty this dumb administration is in the red?

The deficit may be 'cause the $1.8 Billion requested by twithler to build a wall paid for by Mexico. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MAGA! :rofl::smiley::smile:

MSFT AAPL GOOG AMZN

1 Like

Yeeeeeeh, I own MEGA ! This volatility helped me own this at lowest possible price!!

My
Attorney
Got
Arrested! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Still not resolved… keep kicking the can down the street.

Of course, they keep kicking it down the road. Any actual solution would be so unpopular that no one voting for it would get re-elected. The bi-partisan commission of retiring people actually came up with solid suggestions. They completely angered both sides, so it was a non-starter.

Ultimately, brutal means testing. Which means that if you any discipline and just two brains cells to rub together and therefore have some means you’ll get nothing. Save and invest or do neither and eventually get SS and Medicare but don’t think you can do both.