What Is Going On In San Diego?

Housing is much cheaper in San Diego than it is the Northern Bay Area. (they call this the bay area too). The problem is you don’t have all the high paid techies here so it seems to be just as expensive.

San Diego has a large Military presence so people respect the Military here. Most businesses have military discounts or specials.

Over here they refer to the freeways as “the I-5” or “the I-805”. It seems weird.

Taxes are lower here. My property tax rate is 1.125.

Not many people of Asian Heritage here. About 10%.

The news reports are interesting. Crime is a little lower here and although San Diego has a bigger population than San Jose, the areas total population is lower because San Diego does not have big suburbs, like San Jose does (think San Francisco and Oakland.) So while the news has stories about homicides and other crimes, they also have news about others things. The other day I heard on the local news a story about a flower shop being robbed. They actually interviewed the clerk working at the time. They are also reporting about the wall with Mexico all the time. They built 8 prototypes and I’ve probably seen them a hundred times.

1 Like

The Wall won’t work unless they use claymore mines. Motion sensor activated machine guns, drones, seismic ground detectors for tunnels, and guard towers. Won’t happen. Will just be a be symbolic useless monument. Even the Berlin Wall where the guards would shoot to kill was ineffective…

1 Like

[quote=“sheriff, post:22, topic:212, full:true”]

The news reports are interesting. Crime is a little lower here and although San Diego has a bigger population than San Jose, the areas total population is lower because San Diego does not have big suburbs, like San Jose does (think San Francisco and Oakland.) So while the news has stories about homicides and other crimes, they also have news about others things. The other day I heard on the local news a story about a flower shop being robbed. They actually interviewed the clerk working at the time.

BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Woman steals kitten out of backyard.

This was actually on the news two days ago.

1 Like
1 Like

San Diego has its homeless cleaning up the city.

2 Likes

Soooo, essentially these people are being paid to pick up after themselves…great :grinning:

The ones in the tent shelters aren’t making the mess.

Are you suggesting San Diego is a sunny paradise compared to our beloved (northern) Bay Area? :scream:

Even I would consider leaving the Fab 7x7 for San Diego…

1 Like

I am just comparing the way they treat the homeless and the amount of money they spend in San Francisco dealing with the problem

1 Like

If you’re going to give them a bunch of money, you might as well make them work to earn it.

i have been to san diego once, and i liked it quite a bit. City with proper night life (i am not a night life person, but my wife likes to see lively neighborhoods when walking around). Not sure about suburbs, obviously, but i liked it more than SF i think :slight_smile:

I am a suburb person myself. Cannot live in a city - spent 22 years in a large one already.

Pretty good weather down there. @sheriff can confirm but my understanding is that because of the naval presence/background there the folks are generally speaking more conservative.

Not a bad thing.

1 Like

LA has the best chinese food in North America. If I had to move that’d be my number 1 choice. Also heard some rave reviews of the women down there…

1 Like

North America? No way. Vancouver/Toronto has better Chinese food than LA. Probably best in the US only.

The latest intelligence says otherwise. It’s mostly in the San Gabriel valley east of LA.

I was down there about two years ago and wasn’t too impressed.