What kind of tenant you preferred in Oakley / bentwood area?

It’s seems like a lot of tenants with an income barely covers the rent. Also what do you consider best kind of tenant?

National problem. Rents are going up faster than incomes

SI know, Can’t image how they could pay half of the income to rent. How do you guys choose tenants ? No eviction record , double or not source of income?

Salary exclude RSUs should be three times annual rent. Ask him to show proof :slight_smile:

Changing house, need previous landlord contact for you to ask questions like timeliness of payment, unreasonable demand, etc.

Usually Prevous landlords wants the tenants to move to sell the their house, from my experience, they always said good things about the tenants, what’s RSU?

All my tenants are damaged goods. Comes with the territory. I just try to make sure they haven’t a criminal record or unlawful detainers. And maybe least a 600 credit score. This generation isn’t very responsible or worried about consequences.

If their income could barely cover rent then you bet they are going to get extra people into the house behind your back.

Just put an extra charge per person in the contract. I do it with pets too. $200/person. $100/pet

I am willing to spend more time vacant to find the right tenant, its the most important part of rental business. I don’t want to deal with tenants issues later on. But looks like it’s kind of hard to find one .

1 Like

I find tenants during the notice period. No vacancies

Need tenants as the not to be picky

1 Like

Correct. Guess you also mean out-of-state guys.

RSU = Restricted Stock Units. All tech guys are rewarded with RSUs in addition to salary, usually vet over 4 years.

From their credit report, you should be able to identify any delinquents, balance in banks, loans, etc. Is a must for them to give a credit report or $ to get a credit report on them.

For me, I only rent to a family with kids. That is, one adult male, one adult female, 1 to 2 kids. Reject all others. No pets. No section 8. No water beds. No heavy smokers.

So far I manage to rent to family with salary 5-8 times annual rent.

I don’t think Oakley and Brentwood have any tech renters. May need to ask the King of CC county Mr @wuqijun.

That’s right, no tech tenants. And it feels a lot harder to find good tenants, east bay much better. Also the rental market not as strong.

Right now is also low season for renting. Most families move around June and July before school start. I am not sure you want to let your house sit vacant for 4 to 5 months though.

Definitely not, I will get it over with if I can’t find any good tenants in 3-4 weeks the max. It’s interesting to find out that the rent matters a lot more than the conditions of the property. They don’t care the stuffs are old, but need to be cheap rent. A hundred or two make a big difference for them

2 Likes

I don’t let anything sit 4or 5 days

You are hardcore.

It’s much better to carefully select best /lowest risk tenants and sit back and relax than dealing with issues later. Tenant issues could be huge. I see landlords filled Bankcruptcy or paid huge settlements with tenants

1 Like

I have an attorney on retainer . My Tahoe tenants are rarely around for more than a couple of years. If there are perfect ones they usually don’t stay long. They end up buying and moving.