What's your monthly amazon expenses?

Costco: $87 / month (really only 4 visits that year)
Amazon: $426 / month

I don’t shop anywhere else online like Jet or Walmart.com

we just take them to local recycling center that is 5 min away, no big deal

Amazon: $426 / month: Food, nonfood? What do you buy?

all non food. random things we need - recently switched from getting our paper items at Costco to the dash buttons at Amazon but other than that it’s not consistent purchases - cheese grater, spray paint, Christmas gifts, alarm clock, crock pot, flea medicine for dogs, hiking boots, photo frames, vitamins, travel books, shampoo, ski googles, board games, random stuff.

It also didn’t include all my amazon kindle purchases which are like another $100 / year.

good you are my target customer :slight_smile:

I would rather go to the store than be breaking down boxes in my garage all the time which btw is freezing all winter.
Plus Amazon leaves stuff in random places. Big hassle in snow country

Still not sharing what is this side project while collecting data for it :thinking:

Ping me.

Burn them in your firepit?

You can use Amazon to buy stuff and ship to your tenant to replace broken stuff. Saves a lot of time.

I would prefer to throw them in the lake. But I think that is a federal crime

Hum… we buy everything except grocery from Amazon. No costco membership.
For grocery, we usually go to whole foods. Thus, we now buy everything from amazon…
Both my husband and i really hate shopping and Amazon provides the easiest/fastest online shopping platform for us.

My only problem with Amazon was “stolen multiple packages once”.
We had hard time to track down which packages were delivered since many of them were part of “Subscribe&Save” items.
Anyway, Amazon refunded for whatever we found from order history.
Then, we installed security camera(Nest). So far, no more stolen packages.
I found Nest was very useful. As soon as I installed them, I found that Clark Pest Control charged bi-monthly auto-payment without providing service (we searched video footage during the time window around the time they claimed to come and no one showed up.). We terminated the service immediately.

3 Likes

I mostly use Costco. I never tracked how much I spent there. I just got my Costco rebate of roughly $250 though. I guess I spent quite some money.

I just cashed $1000+ :grinning:
Need to go to Costco to pump petrol once a week :wink:

2 Likes

Cashing $750+ !

1 Like

That means you spent $100k at Costco? Or do you use your Costco card for other places as well?

Restaurants.

1 Like

Another casualty of Amazon. If you have young kids, start buying toys from Amazon, if you haven’t already.

33k people will lose their jobs. Read it from Bezos’ paper. :smile:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/03/14/toys-r-us-to-close-all-800-of-its-u-s-stores/?utm_term=.88468a8d4c29

“We know that customers are willing to pay more for an enjoyable experience — just look at the lines at Starbucks every day — but Toys R Us has failed to give us anything special or unique,” Kelly O’Keefe, a professor of brand management at Virginia Commonwealth University, told The Washington Post this year. “You can find more zest for life in a Walgreens.

Yeah, the few times I went to Toys R Us it just felt like a sad sad place. Amazon it’s a toy store.

1 Like

Pretty sure Walmart is a bigger toy retailer than toys r us. Walmart killed them more than amazon.

1 Like