Where in Oakland for investment?

This was not a bad buy at 1.2Mā€¦

Is this in Montclair? Itā€™s way cheaper than Piedmont

Yes and quite nice still. If only my wife would accept East Bay side livingā€¦

1 Like

Hayward Hills has the best bargains

If you want a storybook houseā€¦

I saw this yesterday at Brokerā€™s open house. Very nice house, good size yard, and big garage/workshop. Only down side is 1 bathroom.

So it sounds like that area/neighborhood is on the rise. I used to think Seminary was way too East Oakland for me but I know my contractor bought near there and was saying homes are not that cheap now.

Here is a nice farmhouse in Montclair for under 1M!!!

The story book house on 5722 Picardy sold for almost $900k. Kind of surprising considering itā€™s proximity to Seminary.

Actually, not surprising. My contractor bought out there when it was still cheap (around 400K or less) and he told me that prices there are now pretty high. Fewer and fewer bad areas exist now, but I would agree you have to be careful still.

Boom, who says market is down??? Killer (uh no pun intended) Oakland home goes 391K over asking!!!

Cherry picking?

This home sold for same price, same location, smaller too.

What are you smoking?? Different house, different year. You donā€™t know what your house would sell for today, do you? I posted my house when it was first advertised and so I reported on it. Please, I donā€™t cherry pickā€¦

Nothing wrong with cherry picking. Means the market is still robust if there are good cherry to be pickedā€¦ :rofl:

It is never my intent to cherry pick. That is simply what I happened to come across or had tracked on Redfin as one of my fav homes. Just like everyone else except maybe you and Mr. Austin, most of us work in real jobs and this site is just a nice distraction since we all do love RE. So, get off me!!!:grinning::grinning::grinning:

How was I getting on to you? :rofl: What? You mean I donā€™t have a real job?? Ok, I donā€™t mind having a fake one!!! :rofl:

1 Like

What are you rambling about? I was responding to @tomato accusing me of cherry picking. If you look at the threads recent postings, I initiated the post because it was reported as a nice Oakland house for sale. I thus followed up with the final price reporting. Wow, give me 20 lashes for ā€œcherry pickingā€ā€¦

@tomato has little investment foresight and usually doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking aboutā€¦ so donā€™t mind himā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

Real job = W2.

Self employed like you and manch are not real jobs even though both of you contribute to society but that is not the yardstick. Yardstick is W2. I am amazed many are boxed in and imprisoned by societal norms and dogma, living like zombies and think they are liberated and think out of the box.

I think we should join manch company and let him issue W2 :rofl: to us.

1 Like