Where in Oakland for investment?

How about this part of San Leandro:

4/2.5/1600 built in 2002. PITI $3,450 and Zillow rent estimate $3,200. Within strike zone, assuming it will sell for close to list price.

What about this compare to that: https://www.redfin.com/CA/Oakland/9664-Armstrong-Dr-94603/home/22682849 ?

It has a $120 hoa

Rent estimate is a lot lower at 2700.

Actually the Oakland house is pretty good too. Rent is lower, but price is also lower. Percent-wise cap rate is a tad lower, but otherwise they are not that different financial-wise.

But I am more curious why the price delta is so big. The houses are pretty close to each other. The schools around the SL house are not great at 4/5/6. But thatā€™s already much better than the ones around the Oakland house at 1 or 2. Between the two I would have gone for the San Leandro house. If I had the money that isā€¦ :sob:

Pending, of courseā€¦

Out of principle I wonā€™t buy anything if the agent wrote the description in ALL CAP! BOY, WHY ARE THESE AGENTS SO ANGRY? WHATā€™S WRONG WITH THEM?

Dude, you have some very odd no-noā€™s. This is a FINE HOME!!! It may go well over 50% over list.

Caps donā€™t bother meā€¦Who cares about caps? Helps us old folks read betterā€¦lol
But personally I think a house with that many exterior stairs is a huge negative, especially with this nasty winter weatherā€¦Will not appeal to old folks or families with young children. .Worse than a 4 story houseā€¦BS about the viewā€¦all overcast and obstructed by the utility wiresā€¦I hate up slope lots. COOL PICTURE OF WHEN ITS WAS BUILTā€¦I wonder why they replaced the original garage door with dated slidersā€¦

Itā€™s baaaaaaaaack!!!

Donā€™t do it!

Buy and flip? This is a flipperā€™s dream

3/1/1000. Close to San Leandro. Asking for 345K. PITI $1820. Rent estimate $2650. So potentially $600 cashflow.

No interior picture though. And the outside looks rather roughā€¦

I suspect the area is not so hot and it is somewhat close to the airport that I wonder if one can actually get that kind of rent there. Pretty cheap thoughā€¦

Another one in San Leandro. Build in 2008. 3/3/1650 asking 606K.

PITI $3,200. Rent estimate $3,100.

I like the location. Itā€™s close to downtown SL and close to Bart. It would also make sense for someone working at OSI Soft at the tech building next to the station.

I actually donā€™t know much about that locationā€¦ Tell me moreā€¦ :slight_smile:

Never heard of OSI Soft until today. They have been around since 1980! What other companies have operations around there?

Adding more fuel to Temescalā€¦

Will there will be an overbuilding in Oakland? Seems inevitable. But for now, new development means gentrification and good news to Oakland