Where Investors are Buying Houses in 2017

1 Like

Talk about buying in the middle of nowhereā€¦ :rofl:

Everyone wants ā€œbeachfrontā€ propertiesā€¦

I was going to say never buy anything more than an hour of driving from the coast, but was afraid @Elt1 might retaliateā€¦ :rofl:

Or, Mr. Austinā€¦

I donā€™t know, can you reach the Gulf of Mexico from Austin in an hour? :wink:

Itā€™s a great area to raise a family. I have a few friends that live there. They claim the airport is ā€œinternationalā€ but itā€™s probably 1 flight a week to Canada.

Umā€¦ in that case I donā€™t think Iā€™m very family orientedā€¦ :laughing:

1 Like

I have beach front 150 miles from the coast.
Michigan has Lake Michiganā€¦ but land has little value thereā€¦ I think weather is as important as coastal access
The Midwest is too coldā€¦

Umā€¦ that didnā€™t stop Toronto from boomingā€¦

Toronto is the southern most part of Canadaā€¦ practically tropical compared to 90% of their country

1 Like

Yes but still more north of Detroit and probably colder.

Different countryā€¦ I donā€™t think Toronto and Detroit have too much in common. Immigrants to Canada pick Vancouver or Torontoā€¦ Immigrants to the US pick California

They have nothing in common except the same geography and climate.

Of course they do, it offers the most free stuff.

1 Like

Detroit is 83% Black
Toronto is not

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4905125

Wow, itā€™s only 83% now? I think it used to be over 90%.

Tampa is too farā€¦I would not go more than one hour to buy an investment property.

Lots of Chinese immigrants go to Toronto and Vancouver. For a time many girls who won the Miss Hong Kong pageants come from those two cities. I should have gone to UBCā€¦ :disappointed_relieved:

You couldā€™ve ended up being the nerd that nobody wanted. Good thing you didnā€™t go there and tortured yourselfā€¦ :laughing: