Where Investors are Buying Houses in 2017

Talk about buying in the middle of nowhere… :rofl:

Everyone wants “beachfront” properties…

I was going to say never buy anything more than an hour of driving from the coast, but was afraid @Elt1 might retaliate… :rofl:

Or, Mr. Austin…

I don’t know, can you reach the Gulf of Mexico from Austin in an hour? :wink:

It’s a great area to raise a family. I have a few friends that live there. They claim the airport is “international” but it’s probably 1 flight a week to Canada.

Um… in that case I don’t think I’m very family oriented… :laughing:

I have beach front 150 miles from the coast.
Michigan has Lake Michigan… but land has little value there… I think weather is as important as coastal access
The Midwest is too cold…

Um… that didn’t stop Toronto from booming…

Toronto is the southern most part of Canada… practically tropical compared to 90% of their country

Yes but still more north of Detroit and probably colder.

Different country… I don’t think Toronto and Detroit have too much in common. Immigrants to Canada pick Vancouver or Toronto… Immigrants to the US pick California

They have nothing in common except the same geography and climate.

Of course they do, it offers the most free stuff.

Detroit is 83% Black
Toronto is not

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4905125

Wow, it’s only 83% now? I think it used to be over 90%.

Tampa is too far…I would not go more than one hour to buy an investment property.

Lots of Chinese immigrants go to Toronto and Vancouver. For a time many girls who won the Miss Hong Kong pageants come from those two cities. I should have gone to UBC… :disappointed_relieved:

You could’ve ended up being the nerd that nobody wanted. Good thing you didn’t go there and tortured yourself… :laughing: