Why Trump still may win

The worst thing about Trump is he is just Sarah Palin with a bad wig…An attention starved media whore without a clue about foreign policy and governance. …Liberals have nothing to worry about with conservatives picking these clowns…Sarah and Trump just like going to rallies and getting their egos stroked. …Show business…the Kim Kardashians of politics…they have no intention or desire to actually have to run a government. …

2 Likes

Agreed, but you have to admit the mere fact that The Donald is even remotely still in this race if you want to call it that tells you how sad the choices are. We are AGAIN reduced to picking the least of the two evils… wow, other countries are laughing at us…

Both parties are broken. Everything the government does has 1-2 benefits with a ton of horrible side effects. Then we get promised more stuff to fix the side effects. It’s like big pharma commercials describe government.

1 Like

Did anyone see Michael Moore’s remarks? Very profound.

Ok, fun and games with 8s is ok but this guy apparently has predicted the winner correctly for 30 years and he still says Trump is the winner. Scary…

It’s not over yet. FBI announced new e-mail evidence and is investigating again. That’s the issue with e-mails. You end up with a copy on BOTH servers. You can wipe your own server, but those e-mails are also on the server of everyone else included on it. I never understood why they didn’t subpoena servers for people she frequently e-mailed. It would have been the easiest way to recreate all the deleted e-mails.

1 Like

This email investigation is a big exercise of nothingness. Apparently the FBI found some “new device” that has emails that may, or may not, have anything to do with Hillary. But out of prudence the director has to inform Congress.

If I have to guess the new device is from the sexting Wiener?

When you hear “investigations” against Hillary, you have to remember this woman has been subject to countless investigations since her Arkansas days. Over 40 years of witch hunting. And every single time nobody found anything. So either she is an upstanding citizen, or she is incredibly lucky. Either case would make her a great president.

1 Like

I’m not sure how much luck is involved in killing the people who are about to testify against her… but it does making pressing a case harder…

2 Likes

May I ask why you think she has been the chosen one for this witch hunt?

Partly because she refused to play by the gender norm, staying home and baking cookies. Partly because the Clintons like to live dangerously in the grey zone. So even though there is no wrongdoing, it gives some people the impression of something shady going on.

We are living in a “Post Fact” world now. People don’t care about facts no more. That’s why some people still believe Obama was not born in US or that he’s a Muslim. Some say Hillary has Alzheimer or that she killed people. Conspiracy theories R us.

@manch, AI is going against you…

This AI prediction spells doom for people who are working/intend to work in AI as a career.:grinning: , UNLESS they change the models they are using for the prediction.

Let’s see. Some unknown guy from overseas made an AI that did well for an n=3 dataset. And I should freak out why? :smile:

Joking aside, the most knowledgeable comments on the election are from Sam Wong at Princeton. Here’s someone who actually understands statistics and doesn’t feel the need to dramatize for page view (Nate Silver, I am looking at you). Unlike the seeming rollercoaster ups and downs, this presidential race is actually much more stable than years past.

http://election.princeton.edu/2016/10/30/a-test-of-the-polarization-hypothesis/

The nation is more polarized than ever. That means very few people will change their party affiliation no matter what. Trump is so awful that some actually change sides, but in the grand scheme of things, that’s just something at the margin.

Sam also cautions about freaking out on outliner polls. Because as you have a torrent of polls coming in, some will be outliners on one side or the other. That’s why you’ll see “Trump leads by 4pts!” or “Hillary leads by 10!”. Both are outliners and safe to toss into trash can.

I know how computers work !

Garbage in => Garbage out ! Nov 8th is not far away, just a week ahead…

True, Trump is more popular than Obama as he is creating daily sensational issues/news. Trump also assumes that as long as he gets popularity, his base voters are increasing. He will come to know this KEY ASSUMPTION is wrong by Nov 8th.

If I predict further, Trump will be vanishing from politics after losing this election as Current Members of Rep party push him down on his failure ! It is too tough for him stay in Rep party unless he becomes President.

Clinton reaped what she sowed. …

Curiously Bill sought Nixon’s advice…Read the President’s club…

1 Like

I just know that is disgusting to see, watch or hear women praising a man who likes to touch their kitty cats.
I saw a video where some said “for those victims of whatever, rape or sexual assault, just tell them to grow a pair”. My goodness! The dumbfounding of America is closing at a full circle.

Trump may win, but that will come with a prize. I have never, ever, in my 27 years in this country witness so much stupidity. It seems these Americans I hear and see talking so much stupidity are not sane. It may be related to the lack of education or the fact is that they have been abandoned by the same party they vote year after year, same can be said about African Americans, but what the former are showing is signs of dementia or brain washing.

As they said about Sadam, he was bad, mean, but it was our bad guy. He was the only one stopping ISIS from forming. Once Bush disolved his army, ISIS formed and the rest is part of the story republicans deny all they want but know full time they are with that cat in their sack. So, same as Hillary, she has been prosecuted, accused, insulted, demeaned, you name the attack, she has survived such attempts to bring her down. And who would you’ve thought would help Trump to stain her, to destroy her already damaged credibility but the FBI 10 days before the elections, thus handing Trump the presidency? An agency that should be more worried about foreign hands intervening in our elections than pounding that drum of emails, at a pace we already know and for what we are tired of hearing.

This country then, excuse my French, is f…ed! The bar has been lowered so down, there’s no limits to the embarrassment, no limits to violations of protocols by the same FBI, no shame, no idea who is who here. Russia is a terrible element playing a cat and mouse game with the American elections but the FBI, the GOP and all republicans are in it, and not for the good of the country but themselves. America then, I repeat, is f…ed! Big time!

A first impression is the strongest. Remember your first snow flake?

This is what happens when funding is national but projects are local. Ask me how I know.

By the way, with all of the clamoring for funding for BART, do you know how much BART expansion costs? BART will tell you, $100,000,000 per mile. That came right out of the study work - by independent consultants and not BART - for the East County expansion. $1B to construct 10 miles of BART with freeway median ROW. That’s also why we ended up with eBART at a cost of half that or $500,000,000.

Now, explain to me how with a projected daily ridership of 10,000 per day, expending $500M on a massive infrastructure construction project was a reasonable “solution” to a “problem”?

If you are able to do so, maybe you can tell the farmer in Minnesota why it is reasonable for her to pay taxes to the federal government so they can channel that to a regional project in the SF BA so the citizens can have their transportation costs subsidized more than 40% by taxpayers.

3 Likes

Yes. Why do you think Bernie was so popular with the proletariat? He promised free shit for everyone.

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” ― Alexis de Tocqueville

1 Like

Nothing curious about that. Politicians are a club. They think they are our betters and hence, love to present a false choice of D or R, conservative or liberal.

It’s like professional wrestling.

The public is too stupid to understand this.