Why Trump still may win

It’s a topic of discussion because GOP in general, and Trump in particular have been blaming poor people for not paying their share of taxes. Take this for example:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/172772609627394049?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

He also lashed out on other billionaires for not paying:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/202114217854242817?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

And how successful people are being “punished” by taxes:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/452422959203123200?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Say what you may, but 20.5% is infinitely bigger than 0%:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/190866856624668672?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

You can’t have your cake and eat it too. Which is it, GOP? Half the country are free loaders for not paying up? Or that it’s smart, and “genius!”, for not paying?

1 Like

I’d argue not releasing tax returns is a much, much bigger deal than not paying taxes. We need to make sure our commander in chief is not having some secret business dealings, especially with rouge states like Russia. Given his bromance with Putin that’s a national security question.

Like those pesky Christian pastors caught at the burdel with their pants down Trump has complained about others not paying their fair share.
I know the guy brings enthusiasm to the multitude, but this country can’t be govern by a clown on the likes of Chavez or Maduro in Venezuela.

Regarding Hillary: She may be corrupt, pacts with the devil, eats your children alive, whatever, but if we apply the very core of our judicial system, she is innocent until proven guilty. If you believe that the republicans would let go of anything to stick to her so she can go to jail or silence her, believe me, that would have happened long ago.

This is an indication of what I am saying:

" In another shocking move by big names in the Republican party, former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff is endorsing Democratic presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton over Republican Candidate, Donald Trump.
Though a prominent Republican backing a Democratic candidate is shocking in itself, this is not the most exciting part of this endorsement.
Chertoff not only served under President George W. Bush’s administration but he was also the Republican prosecutor who lead the congressional investigation into the Whitewater controversy that included the Clintons’ real estate investments.
The lead GOP counsel for Whitewater, in an interview, stated:
“[Clinton] has good judgment and a strategic vision of how to deal with the threats that face us. People can go back decades and perhaps criticize some of the judgments that were made. That is very, very insignificant compared to the fundamental issue of how to protect the country.”
Chertoff came out and vividly explained his dislike for Trump from his stance on terrorism, his comments on Russia, and down to the way he treated Miss Universe. Chertoff described Trump’s mindset and said:
“Trump’s sense of loyalties are misplaced.”

Mike Pence already won, hours before the debate. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Reading thru the post it sounds very familiar… something you see regularly in Chinese Communist Party propaganda for example…

Did you see what came out in the leaked DNC emails? Hillary didn’t exactly win an honest primary.

Trump is successful business man, would have knocked out many Republicans, finally going to get defeated by Hillary.

Whatever may be the case, Hillary is the winner on Nov 8th.

I was watching the debate last night at the gym. I know it may not matter, but that VP of Hillary is a whiner type. Pence did well, well enough, that if The Donald somehow, some way, manages to really come off well on Sunday night (I know, unlikely) this race could tighten up.

There’s only a few states that matter. The rest is just noise. He’s ahead in Ohio. He’s trailing in FL which is must-win for him.

Hey, idiot, err Donald, the dude is helping your cause, not hurting it by any means… God, and this guy actually owns that tower in Manhattan, eh??? Gee, I wonder if he went to bedrock…

Pence would be an extremist in any other election. But in this one he’s a “moderate” and “mild” compared to the mad man on top of his ticket.

I recall reading somewhere the share of white voters in this country is going down 0.5 pt every year. This great country of ours is getting more diverse every single minute now. Where California leads the country follows. These idiots are digging their own graves.

In another news, @sfdragonboy, did you see that racist segment on Chinatown from Fox?

No, what happened? Let me search…

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/299436-oreilly-factor-segment-prompts-accusations-of-racism

Wow (SMH)…this is 2016 correct???

Which is why I have always viewed real estate as a contributor to how our brothers and sisters gained SOME (obviously not 100% yet still) respect from other peoples. Yet, there will always be these instances that take us back a step. God damn it, I am raising all rents!!! :slight_smile: If we own the building that you want to rent, well, you answer to me regardless of how you view my skin. Can you imagine if all those decades of hard work and achievement never happened? You and I would not be who or where we are today most likely.

Two other takes on this:

Like the Vox article points out, Asians are one of the last groups deemed fair game for cheap jokes. No one, not even O’Reilly would dare make fun of blacks and Hispanics this way.

Building wealth in private is good. I am doing that too. But we as a group needs to be more vocal, and vote more. We are punching below our weight here.

Here’s what we’ve learned from this very educational video:

1. All older, white conservatives seem to say “CHIEENA” the same way (or is it “GINA?“).

2. It’s still OK to use that “Chinese” melody that was offensive even at the time of the release of the song “Kung-Fu Fighting.”

3. There is absolutely no difference between Mandarin, Cantonese, and other languages spoken in China.

4. It’s funny that some people don’t speak English.

5. It’s funny that some people speak English with a non-American accent.

6. Chinatown is actually China itself, apparently.

7. People in New York City’s Chinatown are Chinese, rather than Americans.

8. Everything in the world is made in China.

9. Pretty much everyone Jesse Watters interviews in Chinatown speaks more languages than Jesse Watters.

10. All of these Chinese people in Chinatown know karate, a Japanese tradition.

11. It’s still OK to make fun of Asians, for some reason. (Try to imagine Watters going to a predominantly black
    neighborhood and filming a similar segment.)

12. It’s surprising that these Americans in Chinatown—which is in the United States—are aware of American politics.

13. Chinese (or Asians? unclear) are “such a polite people.”

14. All of this is “just good fun.”

1 Like

Culturally, we are taught to be humble. In fact, I read somewhere Chinese is the best race to govern because they are hardworking, and obedient… I think is because of Confucianism… pushed by founding Han emperor, Liu Bang.

That’s why I will never teach my kids to be humble. It’s a losing formula. In America you need to be loud and assertive.

I’m aware. I believe this humility leads to not that many Chinese in higher pay and higher management jobs. Look around, there are more Indians and other Asians holding CEOs and SVPs. Chinese are wheels that don’t squeak, hence, no grease.

1 Like

You can be assertive without being loud. Being loud and assertive is usually associated with bullying.
When I hear someone being loud and assertive I usually dismiss their idea.

2 Likes

Asian household income is higher than white people.

Anyone see the Maddison Nguyen commercial where at the end they say Win with Nguyen? I only saw it once. I think they edited that line out.

The history of Japantown in San Jose is crazy. All the homes and businesses were confiscated during WW2. After the war, there was no apology, giving back property, etc. They could have played victims and blamed the government for decades of future poverty. Instead they went to work and bought back the homes and businesses.