Why Trump still may win

So they are talking about facts. :smile: Very happy to see they are not delusional.

1 Like

First, I have not voted any primary in my life, wants to stay alone except presidential elections. I voted for Rep and Demo depending on candidates. Believe it or not, this is the case.

I lived 2 years at Saudi Arabia. First, they (Governing team) are too good towards America, they respect US citizen. Americans, Europeans are treated separately better than others !

Like in every country, there is a rebel force and being funded by rebels. Such rebels are every country and they may be very less than 2% of the total population.

Overall Saudi’s and Qatar are pro-US government people, giving highest weight age to USA.

Well, when you think about it, the real reason why The Donald is remotely even in it still is simply that Americans are sick and tired of the goings on in Washington. We can’t seem to come to a consensus on many issues and therefore nothing ever gets done. Not that The Donald honestly has the answers or would help the average Joe/Jane, he would for sure shake up the system some to the point that hopefully going forward the two parties will wake up and come up with better representatives to lead this great country. It is pathetic that the GOP is not able to produce someone better than The Donald. And some of the others that lost to him are just as pathetic in some shape or form. Why is it so hard to have a moderate Republican candidate who is capable, level headed and not a bible thumper?

1 Like

I dislike Democrat’s policies and feel Trump is not a real Repiublican. Who shall I vote? Johnson?

1 Like

Do as many Republicans have said they would do: bite it and vote for Hillary and wait for next time.

This, is how sad our country has become… yes, we are still the greatest country but other countries must be laughing their asses off at what the great America is going through right now…

1 Like

What’s logical to you might not be logical to me and vice versa. Everything’s relative.

If she wins 3+ swing states I will consider it clear/big win for her.

The only flaw with your argument is that its almost always not “just the president” the decides and enables laws all on his own.

President sets the legislative agenda. In domestic issues, yes, president’s power is seriously constrained by design. But not on foreign policies. Even going into war, a president often gets his way. Bush lied to congress about WMD in Iraq and we are still in Iraq today.

Also, president sets the example for the nation. I don’t want to explain to my kids the nuances of President Trump’s groping, his not paying any taxes, his racist and sexist views, on and on. Trump has already successfully whipped up tremendous racist hatred in this country. Bullying has gone way up. Can you imagine what will happen if he became president? To put the biggest stamp of approval, the presidency of the greatest country on earth, on this sort of behavior?

I don’t think this election is about policies. It’s about way more fundamental stuff. It’s about what we want this country to be.

It may sound like hyperbole, but I truly believe it. 2016 is not the time to quibble about 3% or 5% tax hikes or cuts.

Most of the people I know (grated they are liberals) like and want to vote for Hilary - it is not a vote against Trump - so I think you are sorely mistaken[quote=“marcus335, post:94, topic:754, full:true”]
I’m sorry but you can’t be pro woman when you insult victims of sexual misconduct. If you think this is about Monica, that just proves how far under the rug everything else was swept. There’s a long history of women accusing Bill of everything from unwanted touching, inappropriate comments, and rape. Hillary instantly went on the attack against the women every time. Monica was probably the least bad thing, since she actually consented. Although he did lie under oath about it. Once he said under oath that he didn’t do it, then they knew they had him if they could prove the sexual relationship.

Does anyone think Hillary would be a good president or is it just voting against Trump? A majority of Americans think she’s untrustworthy.

Trump said some bad stufff. He admitted it and apologized. Hillary deleted evidence under subpoena and thinks it was fine. If any of us did that, we’d be in jail. We wouldn’t be in jail for inappropriate comments. She is way more trustworthy than Trump…
[/quote]

1 Like

Even though that is not right, list all the states which you consider swing state.

Why dont we have these issues with Bill Clinton’s presidency? Wont you have to explaint ot your kids abotu his lies and is sexcapades?

1 Like

Who says we don’t?

Remember: Bill Clinton is NOT on the ballot. I will happily explain to my kids a husband’s wrong doing doesn’t mean his wife is a bad person. It seems people often conflate the two.

Like I said, what’s right is subjective. IMO, swing states include Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Colorado, etc.

I do not disagree.

My interest in this election is on winning Hillary or Trump, but how much I am able to practically predict.

I can not predict further on the election of these states.

In who’s America?

That’s half our problem. Ill informed voters are seeking a benevolent dictator in the POTUS. And, there are plenty of power seekers that are happy to oblige wishing to crown themselves king.

Our system was designed specifically to avoid this.

In practical everyday America. I know technically it’s the two chambers that do whatever the hell they want. But for big pieces of legislation the president often sets the agenda, does the arm wrestling behind the scene, and coordinates the two chambers.

Example: Obama’s ACA. Bush’s Homeland Security.

Perfect examples of the modern perversion of the system. The POTUS as dictator. The current administration, with it’s assumptive use of “Executive Orders” has brought the corruption of the constitutional federal system to the forefront.

Manch, you stated early in this discussion that you “want things done”.

What things? And why do you think the POTUS has the power to do this above all else? And why should you get what you want over what anyone else wants?

Have you talked to your congresscritters about your “wants”?

Does anyone ever appeal to their Congressional Representative or Senator? You know, the real law makers.

Me?

I want them all to leave me the hell alone. That is also an almost uniquely American tradition.

So, how do you and I “compromise”? :slight_smile:

As a start, how about holding hearings on the Supreme Court vacancy? There are also many vacancies in the appeals courts all over the country held up by the R’s.

We “compromise” by our votes. I vote my way, and you vote yours. Not perfect, but hella lot better than in China or Russia.

Government is a tool, like a wrench. There is no inherent goodness or badness of a wrench. If the jobs call for the use of a wrench, you better have a wrench. I find the dogma of “Government = Evil” baffling.

Where you are seeing Hillary is not leading on polls on these swings states? I see her leading in polls on all these five states. Your statement she is not leading is confusing on these states.

Show me at least 3 sites where she is trailing on these five states.

Based on my research on polls, she may win, better chances.

1. Colorado
  2. Pennsylvania
  3. Florida

If I guesstimate, she may even get Ohio. If she wins, she meets your test states.

After reviewing the polls, if I base it on polls, HILLARY WINS MORE THAN 325 EVs from my old statement 300 EVs