Why Would Anyone Invest In Florida?

People are stupid, hypocritical, and in denial. Plus you forgot to mention greed. :rofl:

Why would anyone care about 100years ahead? Waterfront has always had premium. You can always sell it to the next guy, it only needs to last enough for maybe 50 years, before the next guy considers not buying it, no?

Or sea level rise is a hoax promoted by unqualified “scientists”? Can we get a Princeton professor commenting on sea level rise? I never heard of any credible name behind sea level rise forecast. It’s hard to believe that such an world changing phenomenon is not studied by top scientists. So many PhD students work on useless trivial issues, why not present me a good research on sea level rise.

I wanted to believe, but it really feels fishy.

Seriously?

http://www.bcdc.ca.gov/slr.html

Yes, just give a reputable name so that we can get more questions answered. Why are the sea level scientists so reluctant to give out their names? Why are the top scientists so cold hearted to ignore the enormous danger to human beings?

That’s political propaganda. There is no peer reviewed paper and no scientist names. We need accountability. If I study sea level and am confident with my research, I will want my name to be published so that I can get credit for my hard work.

Scientists care about publication since publication is their life. When they refuse to publish their names, I find it suspicious

The issue is to keep getting funds for research, you need to provide the result the person paying wants. They have to say the sea level is rising, or they won’t have a job. We don’t find out until decades later how biased the science was.

Just look at the studies funded by sugar lobbyists that said fat is bad for us. That’s exactly when obesity rates started to increase in the US. The bad science means the food pyramid was wrong for decades and Americans got nutrition advice that’d make them fat.

We get sensational headlines about 2016 being a scorcher and the hottest year on record. It was 0.01 degrees warmer than 2015 and the margin of error is 0.1 degrees. That wouldn’t make an exciting headline that’d sell though.

Science has become an embarrassment. We let journalist create sensational and inaccurate headlines that “inform” us of what the science says.

Why get a brain fart. Just rent don’t buy on the beach… no need too worry that way

Man - if i can’t convince you about this…

Not just waterfront properties. Miami would be under water with its 3.5 million people.

Florida is pretty flat. Do we need to evacuate the whole Florida state? Or build levee around Florida coast?

With many many trillions of dollars at stake and many millions of people at stake, we can’t even get the name of the sea level scientist. You would think that the top scientists at the world’s top universities would weigh in their opinion. We don’t hear anything from them. Where’s their heart? This sea level rise is 1 billion times more important than their petty research.

Cities already started to spend hundreds of millions on fighting sea level rise, yet we don’t even have a single peer reviewed paper and a credible scientist to refer to.

Feeling safe at 6229 ‘

Too safe. 50 ft above is all you’ll ever need… :wink:

Or you can believe environmentalists are full of shit.
After all this is what the thought in 1970…BTW Einhorn was a whackjob and a murderer

But Einhorn wasn’t the only threat to Earth Day’s reputation. The history of environmental activism’s biggest day is as cloudy as the ozone layer so many activists are fighting to save. Far more embarrassing than Einhorn? The fact that Earth Day was initially promoted as a way to fight global cooling. “The world has been chilling sharply for about 20 years,” prominent ecologist Kenneth Watt told an audience at Swarthmore College in 1970, noting that if it continued, “the world will be about four degrees colder” by 1990 and 11 degrees colder by 2000.

Watt wasn’t the only one convinced that Earth was on the brink of disaster. Stanford University biologist Paul Ehrlich claimed there would be worldwide famine by 2000. It was also predicted that gas masks would be required in large metropolitan areas by 2010, that Earth would be depleted of most metals by 2000 and that American life expectancy would drop to 42 years old.

Paul Erlich was the poster child for gloom and doom in 1970…Unrepentant and wrong for 50 years…The environmental movement is full of these liars…
Critics have disputed Ehrlich’s main thesis about overpopulation and its effects on the environment and human society, and his solutions, as well as some of his specific predictions made since the late 1960s. One criticism concerns Ehrlich’s allegedly alarmist and sensational statements and inaccurate “predictions”. Ronald Bailey of Reason Magazine has termed him an “irrepressible doomster … who, as far as I can tell, has never been right in any of his forecasts of imminent catastrophe.”[5] On the first Earth Day in 1970, he warned that “[i]n ten years all important animal life in the sea will be extinct. Large areas of coastline will have to be evacuated because of the stench of dead fish.”[5][25] In a 1971 speech, he predicted that: “By the year 2000 the United Kingdom will be simply a small group of impoverished islands, inhabited by some 70 million hungry people.” “If I were a gambler,” Professor Ehrlich concluded before boarding an airplane, " I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000."[5][25] When this scenario did not occur, he responded that “When you predict the future, you get things wrong. How wrong is another question. I would have lost if I had had taken the bet. However, if you look closely at England, what can I tell you? They’re having all kinds of problems, just like everybody else.”[5] Ehrlich wrote in The Population Bomb that, “India couldn’t possibly feed two hundred million more people by 1980.”[16]

Ok if that were the case then no need to hide up there at 6000 ft… time to acquire some properties at the beachfront and enjoy life at sea level…, :rofl:

There is a difference between living and investing…Why take the risk of another Hurricane…Why pay the premium for water front when there is the risk of erosion and the State of California won’t let you protect your own beach…
California beach water is too cold anyway…
I would rather fly to 80 degree beaches and enjoy Tahoe beaches…fresh water no erosion

Ok so global warming is indeed real… :laughing:

Maybe , maybe not…I won’t believe it until I can buy beachfront property for pennies on the dollar…Until then the market has proven it does not take sea rise seriously…so renting makes more sense…Beside beachfront properties have no privacy…Nice to visit…tiresome year round…Even Buffet bought across the street form the beach…not absolutely beachfront