Will Facebook Rock Our World Today?

They had to because the demand for fitness wearables was already declining. The problem is smart watches are proving even less popular. It reminds me of GPRO. You get impressive initial growth, but the market is only so big. Once you saturate that, then you have to convince people the new version is worth upgrading. If you don’t get enough people to upgrade then revenue declines. Declining revenue is the kiss of death in tech, especially young tech companies.

1 Like

Good grief you guys are sensitive. 1.9% is nothing. sheesh.

"Simultaneously, preparations at our production facilities are on track to support the ramp of Model 3 production to 5,000 vehicles
per week at some point in 2017, and to 10,000 vehicles per week at some point in 2018. "

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-4CW8X0/3047362053x0x940721/8E9FC98F-343C-4D2E-8516-491DEFB9B69B/TSLA_Q1_2017_Update_Letter.pdf

I find the wording very interesting. Before, they promised to deliver 500,000 vehicles in 2018. That would take 10,000/wk. Now they are stating they’ll make 10,000/wk at some point in 2018. Sounds like their are backing off the 500,000 vehicles in 2018. I wonder if anyone will even notice.

Manch, hanera is right about you… you are indeed a very emotional investor… :slight_smile:

Tanked? oh come on!

Good point. How many watches (or cameras) does one person really need?

Invested in FB, but not TSLA.

But, Own TSLA one stock in Robinhood !

Regarding FIT, I’m not familiar with its products.

But for health monitoring, it could be a big market. For heart and other health monitor, how does Fitbit and apple compare? Health monitor can be a more profitable and more stable business

FDA approval… Neither of them have it and I bet they don’t want it.

Did Menlo Park homes just bump up again???

What about EPA? At some point, that place will be fully gentrified. It’s so close to Facebook and Google.

Absolutely, I would consider that (in terms of investment, not primary) before say Bayview (again as an investment). I suppose slim pickings at this point of the game though…

1 Like

Whenever Facebook story is there, I am happy for Fremont (Ardenwood in particular - excellent schools & 20 mins to FB)

Cha-ching!!!

1 Like

@manch will be crying a river again after he read this observation :slight_smile:

I messed up with EPA big time as well. Rather than dumping my money into East Bay real estate back in 2013, I should’ve just dumped into EPA instead. More bang for buck!!!

1 Like

1360 Willow Road, Menlo Park. Every time we go to Ikea by crossing Dumbarton it’s on the route. I’m guessing prices are going up there.

Next question about the effect on the area in Fremont right next to east Dumbarton, I’m hoping it’s good news for RE there!!

they are hoping that Dubmarton Corridor will be finally revived to help with east west connectivity. They are integrating the plan to be transit friendly.

Good for EPA, Newark (yes this will help gentrify this area more), fremont

Is EPA still worth it for 10y timeframe? Are there are any city housing projects that cant be moved ?

What’s the “Dubmarton Corridor” exactly? Is it express bus from Newark to Menlo Park?

http://www.newark.org/departments/planning-and-economic-development/on-going-projects/dumbarton-transit-devlopment-area-2/