Working Class Millionaires

A gorgeous Malaysian Chinese woman.

How did you end up with a picture of his wife??? :rofl:

Thatā€™s actually @haneraā€™s wifeā€¦

Ohā€¦ :rofl:

Since you guys are curious, below is a picture of my the other half. Previous picture is her half-sister.

Heheheā€¦ what a lovely wife you haveā€¦

1/3 the age of @hanera

2 Likes

Boy, I take a day off from work and this site and you guys turn into comedians.

I am a fortunate man to have met my beautiful wife but it is a double edged sword. We both met when we were both fairly old, so we missed out on having kids. My mom is not too happy about it, but what can you do right?

And if anyone has to mention adoption, it is not for us. Not at this late of an age. I know it will sound superficial or bad, but frankly I donā€™t want to deal with a child with health or mental issues. My wife and I worked too hard to this point to pick up more issues.

@harriet, here is my best advice on anything. Go meet a nice, young man and pop a few before it is too late. Time tends to creep up on all us really fast.

5 Likes

So @manch was rightā€¦ you do miss out on not having kids. Poor fellowā€¦ :persevere:

@harriet is an independent minded woman and Iā€™m sure she already has a plan all her ownā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I donā€™t think much about it because honestly I am sure it is not peaches and cream all the time. Your kids could end up to be total brats and spoiled. They could be looking up Jason Chanā€™s number to sell all the properties that you worked so hard to get while your body is still warm. I will always thank my one co-worker who gave it to me straight: she loves her son, but if she could do it again she wouldnā€™t have had him. She wasnā€™t kidding or just being nice to me.

Regarding our independent minded lil millennial, hereā€™s some advice anyway (whether you like or notā€¦:grinning:)

Remember this gang?

1 Like

Thanks. Perhaps Iā€™m not anywhere near 40 yet so being single doesnā€™t sound too daunting to me. Iā€™d much rather be on my own than to settle for some random guy. I know a few women who married themselves off just because of the age factor and parental pressure and boy are they miserable now. Life is too short to wake up with regrets.

3 Likes

I have this theory the marriage market is more difficult for female homeowners. If a guy doesnā€™t have a house, would women like @harriet even consider him? Homes become 50/50 communal properties if the husband pays even one single dollar in mortgage. I suspect many women would mind that?

Guys are typically more stupid with their money in their 20s. I bet many more women own homes than men between the age of 20 and 40.

Very easy no brainer to get around this:

1. Write a pre-nup specifying ownership

or

1. Convert your home into a rental before marriage. Whatever that was purchased pre-marriage remains entirely yours as long as your spouse does not contribute to its upkeep nor live there after marriage.

Is this true? I thought pre-marriage property is hers.

Single women homeowner in BA will have this legal challenge to marry a houseless man.

But what if the new husband volunteers to help fix the house? Will her house now become community property?

But I guess itā€™s easier for women to require pre-nup from the future husband than the other way around. Feminism still has not deterred women from rejecting pre-nup. Wuqijun should worry more about this than Harriet. I guess Harriet wonā€™t be shy to require prenup and she will most likely get a prenup effortlessly.

Well, technically yes. What if @harriet is already a millionaire from her RE investment? If I were her I would definitely look down on men with only 100K in the bank. I bet most men donā€™t even have that muchā€¦

Is this Asian sexism? Other races donā€™t have this issue

Actually Asian women only insists in marrying up if they marry Asian men. They are fine to marry non Asian men who have less money

You need to worry about your daughter when she inherits 10M

No one is remotely suggesting that you pick a random guy or that you have to get hitched right away. You may be the lucky one who strikes gold on the first tryā€¦ or not, and that is ok. I mean, what are the chances that two human beings with different values and aspirations meet and find the other worthy enough to want to spend the rest of their lives together, in sickness and in health, til death do they part? Agreed, donā€™t settle but letā€™s not make it impossible for someone to make you the slightest bit happy too.

Are you OK dude? Sounding a bit sentimental. Too bad the chicken place is closed already. But you can always help yourself with some beer. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Actually things are good. You and a few others may have Oakland to yourselves soonā€¦