Working Class Millionaires

No worries… I’m pretty sure there are a lot of single and available millionaire millenial men out there. All she needed to do is look! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, @sfdragonboy is sentimental because he’s about to let go of his treasured Oakland multiplex… :sob:

Not too sentimental, just guarded optimism that my buyer can come through and that an investment has run its course and it is a good time to move on to something else. My go to realtor Alex is back from 3 weeks of R&R in Asia so he can write it up and find me a replacement. Go Alex!

1 Like

Marriage may be obsolete. .Millenials are waiting longer to get married…They may live a lot longer. .Marriage was very popular when people died at 60…not as popular at 80 life expectancy…What about when they die at 100? The oldest millennials are now 35…Supposed to be married and buying houses.
It is now happening, but at what rate?

1 Like

I know plenty of folks my age who are single still, so the fact that I am married but no children doesn’t bother me at all when I compare to those folks. Of course, I don’t really know what they are thinking inside but they seem to be enjoying themselves in early retirement.

1 Like

Good optimism! :smile:

In pre industrial rural farming communities children were an asset. In the urban concrete jungle they are a liability. .

2 Likes

Well, I am def envious of their African safari trips and vacations in Europe stories at my poker games. Time for you to enjoy a trip or two???

Yeah, why not? Wuqijun should not be a money machine. You should start spending

And how about your big bro? Is he another money machine like wuqijun?

Yes, Sir. In fact, he is on his way to the islands for a week of R&R I hear. I am sure the wife is going to drag him, kicking and screaming…

A pre-nup is just a premonition for a marriage failure. If the spouse is not to be trusted, why get married in the first place? Huge turnoff if someone asks me to sign one.

2 Likes

If you refuse to sign a prenup, you may need to give up the opportunity to marry a wealthy man.

Marriage do fail as a matter of fact. When you are about to get a painful divorce, the emotional pain would be enough for you to suffer, what’s the point to add more pain to engage in fights for the pre-marriage financial asset? Whether you sign or not, pre-marriage asset is not available for division legally. The prenup agreement is only to avoid unnecessary fight.

OTOH, how open are you to marry a man with no asset and making less than you? You better get a prenup if you have a lot of home equity

Someone says that in California, as long as you are not married, the girlfriend or boyfriend can not claim any asset division when breaking up, even if they live together for many years. That would be a solution

1 Like

(Chris Pratt to Agent)

Ok, I need you to hire someone to camp out in front of @harriet’s house for the next few days to intercept her mail. Illegal? So what! I am Chris Pratt damn it! Just do it!!!

1 Like

Chris Pratt most likely will require a prenup

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4145551/

Bravo! Marriage should result in 1 + 1 = 10, look like many marriage result in 1 + 1 equal less than 1 :frowning:

Incredible :grinning:

Haven’t cross my mind at all that it will fail.

When do people work on prenup? After engagement and before marriage? Should it save trouble to discuss even before the proposal?

:blush:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/gingerdean/2017/06/30/3-ways-to-help-decide-if-you-should-get-a-prenup/amp/

Disagree. Signing a prenup makes sense because it describes explicitly what’s expected in a marriage and what is not. So that both sides are very clear what they can expect out of it. Don’t go for a prenup if you like ambiguity and setting yourself up for major disappointment down the road due to false hope.

If you don’t have much money, don’t bother. Nothing to lose. But people with high net worth shouldn’t marry without it.

Just because yours won’t fail doesn’t mean others won’t. Don’t give people false hope.

Also, there’s no statistic at all to show that prenups result in a higher rate of divorce, or that requiring a prenup prevents people from marriage.

Depends on what type of guy we are talking about. I don’t go around asking people to open up their bank books before dating nor do I have an asset requirement for marriage. Also, most people don’t even know I own a house except for a close group of friends and relatives.

I think @hanera is just being sarcastic…