World's Largest IPO coming to NYSE Listing, Expected 2T Market Cap

I do not know when this hits, but widely spoken to list in NYSE.

1 Like

Apple seems so tiny…

1 Like

They will become obsolete in a couple decades when the world converts most of its vehicles to electric. DO NOT invest in them.

3 Likes

I always wonder how that’s going to play out though. That’s going to require significantly more capacity in power plants and electric grids. Upgrading the grid is expensive and utility companies don’t have the money to do it. People talk about renewable energy, but what percent of the world gets enough direct sun for solar to be viable? It’ll take massive amounts of money to upgrade the world’s electrical infrastructure to handle 100% electric cars.

1 Like

In addition to solar, there is always hydro, wind, and nuclear. Renewable resources are everywhere. And people always come up with new technology to harness those energy sources more efficiently. Make no mistake, this is definitely the way of the future.

When was the last hydro in the US? Environmentalist won’t go for that anymore. I agree the alternative energy is the future, but I’m not sure it’ll be as fast as people think.

I still think they will list on London. If they listed in NY the 911 survivors will get huge pay days.

Um… don’t think 911 survivors have anything to do with this IPO unless they decide to invest in it.

1 Like

I give it a couple decades. Should be able to see a clear change in pattern.

They will sue to get money from the Saudies. There is more political risk to list in US anyway. Why bother? London is just as good.

The US consumption of electricity has been more or less flat for the last few years.

This is despite a growing population. Efficiency improvement and decline of manufacturing probably contribute to the decline despite new demand from being a more connected population. I expect continued decentralization of the grid with more local production driven by alternate energy (wind / solar) will allow us to support a transportation infrastructure that is mainly electric

2 Likes

I also want to sue the South Koreans for money because their kins up the north are causing anxiety in my mind…

2 Likes

How much would it increase if we had 100% electric cars though?

What if everyone got a solar roof?

How many areas get enough sunlight for that to be viable though? That’s what I’m wondering about solar’s viability. It’s great if you live in AZ, but I’m not sure how many places get enough sun light.

Anecdotally: My current panels support 1 electric car. We are probably going to get a second electric car next year so am looking to increase panels to cover both. My best friend from college just went full solar + power wall because eventho he has a gasoline bike and 2 gasoline cars expects in the next 10 years his family will switch to all electric vehicles. I think at least in sub-urbia (SFR) people will just put in the panels. It makes sense cost-wise.

1 Like

IIRC Germany produces more solar power per capita then anyone else. You just need more panels if you are outside the ideal zones, but can be done.

1 Like

All electric is is the way distant future…Hybrid makes way more sense. .You can get a great used 2013 Prius with 40k miles( and they can last 250k miles) for $9k…No range anxiety and about 50mpg…A used Leaf is double that and only gets the equivalent of 100mpg…Savings on fuel costs (remember fuel is only 25% of the cost of ownership) are small , about $450/year, and range anxiety is huge…Not enough charging stations. .Charging takes too long…
The Prius is cheaper to drive, more reliable and much bigger in interior space…The Tesla is strictly a status simple, and the Bolt is $42k…Electric is hardly economically sound

1 Like

This is the fourth year we are (two EVs) using fully electric cars. With Bolt and Model 3 on road, Hybrids will vanish soon. Model 3 comes with 300 miles range ($55k), easy to reach Los Angeles with single charge in between !

1 Like

I doubt my Prius will vanish…4 years old 50k miles…Will last another 20 years…The problem with electric is range anxiety and charging…Maybe those issuses will be solved in 10 years…But it has a long way to go…Plus plugin hybrids make more sense. …Why not an auxiliary gas motor. .never have range anxiety. …