Yes, Bay Area Residents Want More Housing But Not Longer Commutes

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2018/02/12/bay-area-residents-housing-crisis-nimby.html

I commute from SF (soon to be DC) to MV 3 times a week. It’s brutal. I hate it but that’s the world we live in.

Dang, so what time do you leave and what time do you arrive in your seat at work?

Leave Richmond District at 6:30, usually can get to MV by 7:30. Going home is the brutal part though. I leave around 4:30 but sometimes won’t get home until 6:00-6:30. I usually hit the gym mid way through the commute since it’s gotten pretty bad. 280 all the way though.

Can’t you hit the gym near or at work and then come home later but with less traffic?

Ok, so why do you do it (live in the Fab 7x7 and not in SV)?

I moved back after college to save money. But now I realized my parents are getting older so we wanted to stay close by (so we bought in DC). My work schedule is flexible…I can work from home 3 days a week if I need to. But I prefer to go in 3 times a week to show face…

1 Like

Yeah, the care for the elderly parents part I can def relate with. Hang in there…

Thanks man, I’m also toishan like yourself. So you know how it is. That’s life!

1 Like