You Should Have Bought Commercial Real Estate

Jil and I share before (guess you can search for it), too lazy to compute again, may be less than 20%? For my first house, I think is nearly 60% (yes, is possible then) if my memory didn’t fail me.

Interesting opinion. We might be here again.

If you’re right, you make money. If you’re wrong, you lose money. Is that simple for an entrepreneur. Debating is academic. Even if it is a sunset industry, you can still milk it.

Go into funeral services and coffin business?

I am an academic guy. :slight_smile: But anyhow I use this forum as a idea gathering and refining device. It’s good to see people disagreeing. I can refine my own ideas.

People bring up Warren Buffett a lot here. One of the best examples of his greatness is his recent purchase of Apple. He has been skeptical of tech all his life. But at age 80+ he’s still learning and changing his opinion. I strike for his open mindedness.

You mean we provide free services to you?

Yes. And later I may roll out advertising and you will pay me even more. :smile:

1 Like

Speaking of which, aren’t more and more folks doing cremations as opposed to plot and burials? You’re familiar with the Asian scene, especially Singapore. I suspect cremation is the defacto norm correct? With no kids, I am contemplating cremation and being scattered at various places like Hawaii, Rose Bowl (ssh, don’t say anthing…). Uncle @Elt1’s favorite strip club in Texas, etc…)

Classic Home Loans in Lafayette.

Still need funeral services and coffin. Send the coffin to the crematorium. In Singapore, you can store the vase of ashes in government owned buildings (forgot the name) or in temples (my dad’s vase is in a temple). Given the rising prices of such storage, many Singaporeans had bought their storage units :slight_smile: while they are still alive, prices vary from few hundreds to few thousands dollars depending on size, location and height :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not to “ruin” your Sunday, but what are your plans if you don’t mind me asking? I am in the early stages of doing a living trust and will and will need to address this sensitive subject with the wifey. My cousin was cremated and his ashes were scattered at sea. It was actually kind of nice.

LTV reflects how stretched the investors are in terms of purchasing power and how desperate they want to get into the market. I posted the poll on a separate thread to get more samples. From the few samples as of now, seems that our members are not stretched at all

You are ansolutely right that coverage ratio is more important in predicting default risk. For residential loan, they look at DTI as the equivalent to coverage ratio.

Thought is addressed via a will. In any case, dead already who care.

1 Like

A realist…I can appreciate that

I am happy to share as I have been thinking on this for the last few weeks. I am at 52% LTV across everything I own. I have some stock payout coming at the end of the year (fingers crossed). If i liquidate everything except 401K, 1 year emergency cash, real property, and the blue chip dividend paying part of my portfolio I could pay off my primary residence. I keep grappling with should i pay off my primary residence for peace of mind, or take the money that is coming in and leverage up more.

My wife is planning on turning my ashes into a diamond. …No strip club unfortunately. …
http://www.lifegem.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw_JrMBRDPARIsACis1HyLJ3BCoPKfZenRMW1K9-HU3ZjbTIs276TzmY3W45mBD5PXeWdRcooaAuRAEALw_wcB

2 Likes

Wow, is that for real? You, a diamond perhaps…with my luck me as a cubic zirconia…

To think I may reside in a pawn shop for all of eternity…wow

Amazon is gonna eat the self storage business. Already I know people who say they list their used goods on Amazon. Send it to the Amazon warehouse, and you pay a storage fee. List for a nice price. If someone buys it for your wish price, great. Otherwise, you pay Amazon to store.

1 Like

Here is a rich guy that needs self storage. .$2.5m and only a one car garage. .I have a three car garage and barely have enough room…

1 Like

So another nail into the self-storage business coffin? People are simply able to live with much less material possessions these days, and frankly they love it!!! People are simply not “hoarding” things like they used to. And to think future generations, like the millennials, will somehow miraculously change to become hoarders when they have never ever remotely display any tendency to do so is a reach to say the least.

Bubbles are always formed by easy credit. When they pop, it’s because interest rates or credit rules increased enough to pop them.

Ok I’m kinda joking about Amazon, but I’ve always been a fan of the idea of those storage pods. They don’t seem to have really taken off because I guess shipping is expensive. But I’ve seen a few, where they put a pod on your curb and you fill it, then the move the pod to storage where land is cheap. If automated solar powered trucking takes off, seems like Amazon really could get in that space.

I guess it’s inconvenience since you can’t get your stuff immediately. My parents used to rent multiple storage units scattered around the bay and they would visit once in a while to look at their junk.