You Want Excellent Chinese Food, Manch?

Never understand why Good Mong Kok Bakery is always on these random lists. Good Luck Dim Sum in Inner Richmond tastes better.

I find none of those take out dim sum places are any good. At All. But let these “lists” and “articles” mention them ---- so that the tourists go there and don’t pollute the better restaurants 

1 Like

Is that the one on Stockton? Always saw some clueless westerners lined up.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to comment since I couldn’t read the article due to maxing out my access (to bring content to this forum every morning)

Well, according to Yelp both are solid 4 stars and Good Mong Kok Bakery racked up 1900+ reviews vs an also very respectable nearly 1400 for Good Luck
 I don’t eat takeout dim sum that much anymore when I am home on weekends but the only close place to me is Mongkok on Noriega which is average at best, I know

Uh oh, good thing we didn’t meet up then
your taste buds might not like the villagey toison places I tend to go to. Maybe R&G Lounge???

1 Like

I know it! Avoid like a plague. :scream:

1 Like

Yes that’s the one. I ate there once when I was still a kid and let’s just say it wasn’t memorable at all. The shrimp and chive dumplings at Good Luck Dim Sum were pretty good but I haven’t ordered takeout from there in ages so not sure if quality is still the same anymore.

Hahaha. I don’t discriminate - whether Hakka, Toisan, HK, Cantonese, etc. I even like food from Jiangsu / Shanghai. I will say though that I just don’t “get” Szechuan food. My tastebuds are just not built for that “mala” taste.

Interesting fact - a close relative of mine owned and operated a restaurant in the 1970s where R&G sits today

your threads make me hungry.

I like udon (all regional styles) and have eaten at their Shibuya branch in Tokyo. It was perfectly fine. If closer to the peninsula, I would certainly give it a try.

There are no needles and feces in that part of SF. It’s in big sorta upscale mall. You can go shopping after the meal. :smile:

Guess which places I fancy made the list, Fearless Leader???

Look at who wrote the article. Title should be changed to “15 Best American Chinese Food in San Francisco”.

1 Like

Is oaklahoma city beating SJ in Chinese food? Who made this list?

Someone who doesn’t know how to use chopsticks.

I agree that Mission Chinese and House of Nanking are def not for the Chinese natives or locals but some of the places are fine. R&G is pretty good and I have seen plenty of Asians there. Koi Palace is not legit and not for the “real” Chinese?