Your favorite pre-ipo companies

Mine is Stripe. They may never IPO, though.
Airbnb is also good.

BTW, stripe is my 10x when/if they ipo.

Stripe is super good. How come amazon didn’t by them?

Biggest tech IPO of this year may be xiaomi. Will blow Dropbox out of the water.

Dropbox would be a -cool- boring feature for xiaomi.

Why is stripe a good company? If it is so good, why not go work for Stripe instead?

I am not a city person.

Stripe is good because:

1. Their product is superior to paypal. Their documentation, user support etc is pretty good.
  2. Stripe has programs to support upcoming businesses (shows how supportive they are of the ecosystem) - Atlas comes to mind, for start ups. I am planning to incorporate using that actually.
  3. Paypal randomly freezes accounts and there is no recourse. Stripe is much more merchant friendly.
  4. Stripe started shaking paypal and that’s why they kind of acquired braintree in the first place. To date, paypal still remains super easy to use.

Read about them. I did think about stripe, but i have a thing against cities in general.

2 Likes

Gusto is also getting a lot of praises.

What’s that?

Zenpayrol

Aren’t there already lots of similar companies?

I assume so, i guess. But their product seem to be liked a lot, similar to stripe.

No love for Uber or Lyft?

Love lyft. They are more responsible uber. Also good for healthy competition for uber.

They had worked with strong players, and i have an uneducated guess that lyft will acquired at some point.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16604092

Read this. Hackernews tend to have a lot of synical people. This post has none. It is telling.

I will be watching their ipo, together with stripe.

1 Like

Any of the self driving car startups? How do you rank them? Any IPO or acquisition target?

Anyone else see the irony of hacker news having a message board that appears to be from the year 2000? Do those people get together and MUD on weekends?

It is actually why it is very good. Loads very fast on mobile, and doesnt have any distractions. It is simple, and it works.

Nutonomy :stuck_out_tongue: started by a professor of mine. Got acquired already!

Cruise and Nutonomy have been acquired. Is Zoox the leader among the independent ones?

Could you FIRE if you joined Nutonomy instead? 450M is a lot for just 20M funding.

https://angel.co/job-collections/top-self-driving-cars-startups