Zillow is getting into the home-flipping business

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/real-estate/zillow-is-getting-into-the-home-flipping-business/

In the first hour after the announcement, Zillow stock fell about 3 percent in after-hours trading.

Investors don’t like it.

Opendoor also does this. They wont go into bay area market. But hanera should be afraid.

Hanera? I thought he blew away the competition on his primary. These guys won’t pay market price.

I was joking. Hanera is onr of the few that invested outside of bay area.

Manch@ said re investors hate it, but nothing to worry in bay area.

Got it! I think Manch was referring to stock investors not RE.

Stuff like this usually happens during the mania before the end of the bull run. Values increase a lot in the mania phase.

I wonder if they’ll surpress showing a MLS listing if they’re algorithm flags it as a bargain that they should buy.

2 Likes

I didnt fully read it! Lol. That might actually br a good revenue source, better than their current one.

Flipping is much more capital and labor intensive than running a website. So it looks to me Zillow is bumping into a ceiling with its current business. Definitely bearish.

2 Likes

Are we near the end?! Are we near the end?!?!

(Running scared…) :scream:

1 Like

:chicken:

1 Like

I was imitating your usual behavior :slight_smile:

I hate Zillow. But I will sell them my dogs.

1 Like

Of course they are hitting limits of website. I thought that is why it is bullish? Opendoor is making a lot of money this way, afaik, but happy to be proven otherwise.

How do you know they are making a lot of money flipping? What’s their ROA?

there’s some thought-piece:

I haven’t fully read it, but looks interesting.