100 baggers/ Growth Stocks

I don’t think both can be 100 baggers too. Best I can find. 10x will do :slight_smile: I think can’t get 100 baggers stocks till there is an EPIC bear market like what Panda wishes. There was one in Mar 2020.

The problem with today market is everybody is well read and knowledgable, and willing to pay 5-10 years later price. Also, heavy dilution from stock-based-compensation. This is equivalent to 5x to 10x gain gone. A 100 bagger becomes a 10-20 bagger.

Look at performance of Google and Facebook after IPO…

GOOG 56x since IPO Aug 19, 2004.

FB 11x since IPO May 18, 2012.

If we can find a mid cap ($1B-$10B) controversial stock, where there are very strong polarized beliefs like TSLA, 100 bagger is possible in 10-15 years.

142 bagger since IPO Jun 29 2010.

DRIPping S&P index fund is about 11%, so you will get 100 bagger in 50 :rofl: years.
What we want is 15-20 years, so need the stock price to appreciate 25-33% p.a.

“There is no amount of security analysis that is going to tell you a stock can be a 100-bagger. It takes vision and imagination and a forward-looking view into what a business can achieve and how big it can get. Investing is a reductionist art, and he who can boil things down to the essential wins.”

Excerpt From: Christopher W. Mayer. “100 Baggers.” Apple Books. ‎100 Baggers on Apple Books

Exactly what I feel. FA is :-1:

To me, the best 100x baggers in the next 10 years will be in the biotech sector.

Thought you would say crypto.

Why insist on 100 baggers though? Why not three 5 baggers? 5 x 5 x 5 = 125. Like a rocket with multi-stage boosters.

Very difficult to land 100 baggers. It’s not enough to find a good company in a secular up trend. That’s necessary but not sufficient. I think you also need a very capable and lucky founder to steer the company through multiple pivots. Apple from Mac to iPod to iPhone to iPad etc. Nvidia from graphics to crypto to AI to data center. Founder is more important than the tech.

100x in crypto is too hard to pick and you have to wait for that super-cycle. I think Solana did about 100x since Jan 2021 though.

1 Like

You can find 5 baggers every 5 years? Just for info, 20% of small caps (>$300M market cap) are 10 baggers over 15-20 years. For the first lot of 5 baggers over 5 years, NVDA, TSLA and FB may qualify.

You can only know looking backwards. How to tell at IPO? Or within 1 year of IPO?

Finding a 5 bagger every 5 years seems pretty doable. Much more doable than finding a 100 bagger.

U can easily be a 5 bagger now. So is any random fintech/cloud name like LMND, SOFI and FVRR.

I can’t think of any potential 100 bagger.

If you are holding in a taxable account, you would need more than 5 bagger over 5 years.

Your point is sensible, better to look for 5 baggers over 5 years at this point and pray for a bear market.

CRWD
PATH
AFRM

PLTR :slight_smile:

Boom or bust

Any potentials in mind? EXAS, CRSP, NTLA, FATE? Cathie has tons of those. Cathie caught a 100 bagger, TSLA. So need to watch her view.

Added PATH as 100 bagger hopefuls, so…
U
PLTR
PATH

Watching AFRM :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I don’t know but I have some small positions in INFI, PDSB, PAVM (mostly around 2x baggers now). Used to have DMTK, TMDX which I rode for a nice profit a few months ago. Been buying CBIO recently but to be frank, I have no idea how any of these will do. Just rolling the dice and swinging. I’ll probably visit ARK portfolio after a crash/correction. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

There are so many names being thrown around for biotech that I am utterly confused now. I have no interest to spend time to delve. Recently traders are taking about Uranium :slight_smile:

Lot of analysts neutral or bearish on PATH

Trust Cathie and JC. Forget about the analysis of financial statements.

Not enough data for long term analysis of technical picture, short term re-bounce coming…

Remember 100 baggers can’t be found by financial analysis, need…

“There is no amount of security analysis that is going to tell you a stock can be a 100-bagger. It takes vision and imagination and a forward-looking view into what a business can achieve and how big it can get. Investing is a reductionist art, and he who can boil things down to the essential wins.”

1 Like

Elon Musk was ready to sell company at @$420/stock(stock has split since then), i.e. if he was sure he would return 11x on the stock price(since that date) I’m sure he would have found funding even at high cost, i.e. even the most bullish salesperson the CEO is not sure where his company will be in a few years.

IMO, as far as " baggers", Cathie is throwing guesstimate darts when there is wind on the back of the stock market on some stocks, few darts stick and most don’t.