100K Passive Annual Income

Look for dialysis clinics. They are becoming hotter. The result of pharma poisoning us with crappy medicine.

Since my mom is on dialysis, to be fair, the proliferation of them is also due to peopleā€™s life long habit of eating poorly and not exercising enough. Have you seen how fat kids are these days? We used to play basketball and softball all the time when we were kids. Today? Not so much. Probably the only glimmer of hope is Steph Curry making kids want to play some hoopā€¦

Not to worry! Thereā€™s always the gym.

HCN management and others in the space believe that healthcare is steadily moving to lower-cost settings. Care will migrate from high-cost centers (hospitals, long-term and post-acute care facilities and skilled nursing facilities) to lower-cost centers like seniors housing, assisted-living and independent-living, outpatient medical office buildings and even into the home.

If HCN is correct, MPW is not a good long term investment.

Gym is only half of the equation. Unfortunately, our moms were right, eat your veggiesā€¦:cry:

Yes! eat healthy! (steaks, whole eggs, and salmons) :slight_smile:

Doing It Well Is What Separates The Best From The Rest

I have no interest in owning a lower-quality REIT (referring to SBRA) that is attempting to become a Ventas (VTR) wannabe. I already own a healthy chunk of Ventas stock. I sold CCP because I had no interest in owning shares in Sabra Healthcare (SBRA). I am a large shareholder in Omega.

1 Like

I bought tiny bits of OHI and MPW. So far OHI is down around 4% and MPW up around 4%.

I own CCP & OHI, it is down 5% (compensated by BA with 16% jump). Next week, Thinking to buy more CCP & OHI. Needs to do further analysis this week and finalize buying next week.

Since the dividends are taxed as income (instead of qualified) I am holding them in retirement account.

RE is becoming boring. Stock market may become boring as well.

We can take a break and let others play

Bought 100 OHI yesterday (total 200), bought 100 CCP today, new purchase are held in IRA. Would get rid of the 100 OHI that is held in taxable account, had previously sold 200. Activated DRIP :slight_smile:

Too risky to buy n hold rental in SFBA, flipping is ok but Iā€™m not into it, too much work. Elsewhere also become expensive :grinning: because rich techies are migrating to Seattle, Austin, Denver, ā€¦ Retirees are going to Orlando, Las Vegas, ā€¦ Seem we are quite close to a meaningful correction, not a pause, have paused for a year during the run to Presidential election, since Nov last year, many assets appreciate a lot.

I feel exactly the same way, keeping me away from RE, at least until end of this year. Flip work is fine, but not rental buying.

If RE is risky, stock could be much more risky.

I think housing price may still go up, but there is nothing I am interested in buying. The holdout homebuyers will continue to buy

multi-fam still pencils out depending on the returns you are looking for.

2 Likes

Multi family of how many units? Duplex seems to be expensive

Hidden potential legal liability issues. Prefer to stay off MFHs.

4-plex. That way you can get conventional financing (30 year fixed FTW) and also have choice on commercial or residential insurance.

If you go greater then 4 units, donā€™t do anything less then 8. But seriously think if you want more then 12. If you go above 12, I think in CA you need an onsite manager. when you get into commercial, you are on commercial mortgages, commercial insurance, etc. so you want to go a decent number above 4, so that the prices are lower (commercial properties then to be more numbers drive, so lower cost per door then residential properties) and the benefits of commercial residential offset the cons of it.

2 Likes

Why does multi family carry more legal liability?

I agree with @BA_lurker, you probably want to keep it manageable especially if you are doing it on your own without a PM. I own a 4plex and generally speaking I was cash flow positive pretty much from the beginning and I did not buy it with a huge down payment. Sure, that kind of situation may no longer apply in todayā€™s higher priced world but my IRS buddy was surprised when he reviewed my return with it on there for the first full year. Sure, like anything, more tenant parties I suppose there is technically more chance for legal liability as something could happen with any given tenant under your watch. Well, that is why we have a thing called insurance. Not exclusive to only multi units of course is the prospect that if you pay it off that nice sum of monthly income should easily take care of you in retirement as well as your future generations. My dear old Mom is not complaining and her children certainly ainā€™t complaining.

If you are a real estate investor and you are seeing ā€œtremendousā€ returns from stock market and so on, I think you are missing something.

Probably, my guess, you are out of money. :kissing_heart: