25k - what would you do?

Here is my logic:

As long as FED is not raising the rate, Stocks are not going to crash, but may go up and down.

As long as world economies, China, Japan, Euro, OPEC are struggling, FED can not raise the rates.

FED will raise the rates only when US able to absorb the shock.

Until then, US will keep on getting foreign investments (as their currencies are not strong) and stocks are not going down.

As long as stocks are going up, real estate will not have any slag.

Anyone dealing with bitcoin?

You look for High Risk items?

Over $60 Million Stolen, Aug 2, 2016 7:36 PM

Here, someone like you asked same question

Can anyone recommend some good liquid investment options

I think near zero rates is the new norm. If rates went back to historical averages, governments would be screwed. Debt as a percent of GDP is at record levels. The developed world would drown trying to pay interest on government debt. That or you’d see money devalued so rapidly that it’d cause massive destabilization of the world economy. We’re at 8 years of ZIRP or near ZIRP, and the world economy is still barely growing.

Corporate balance sheets are full of debt too. Most companies can’t payoff the debt, so they depend on issuing new debt when existing debt matures. Profit margins are already around 8% average. That’d take a huge hit if interest rates returned to normal.

I think this will end epically bad with money losing massive amounts of value at some point. Anyone with hard assets and debt will be a winner.

1 Like