5G stocks

The 5G hype has already begun, but investors underappreciate the opportunity that it represents for most tech companies.

5G will enable or vastly improve augmented reality, wireless virtual reality, countless IoT (Internet of Things) and smart home applications, autonomous vehicles, and V2X (vehicle-to-everything) communication…

Current hot favorite is XLNX. However, VZ and AAPL will be 5G’s biggest beneficiaries.

Apple has four initiatives that will materially benefit from 5G: iPhone, augmented reality, healthcare, and autonomous vehicles…Currently very little iPhone 5G lift is priced into Apple’s stock, Munster said.

Calling @manch and @Jil to buy AAPL before the rocket takes off. Of course, other than AAPLs, chips like XLNX and MU are great since IoTs need them.

I don’t see why VZ will benefit from 5G. Whatever theoretical benefits it has will be eaten by fierce competition. Like a gold rush the right bet is not on the miners. It’s the guys who supply them, like XLNX.

The problem with XLNX is that when I wanted to bet on 5G in 2017, I have chosen VZ and have forgotten the reason for the choice. Could you sell me some XLNX at 10% over your purchase price? What is your purchase price?

My next investment strategy is to go for company less than 50B rather than taking big companies. I would prefer small good companies than big ones. I will limit my portion of FAANG less than 10% only.

That is main reason I sold all stocks now.

Nothing wrong , except it too big now. AAPL will not fly like clouds!

Allow me to repeat my view the nth times.
For FAANMGs, trade options or employ portfolio margin :wink:

Apart from aapl, Your play and amount are small so that you play comfortably. Margins and options I try to avoid as much as possible. Margin clear no now.

1 Like

Allow me to seduce you into options and margin.
10x portfolio comprises clouds, light margin, ytd gain = 29%.
Option trading portfolio, margin + option, ytd = 50-100%, depending on how you compute.

1 Like

Very impressive. That’s YTD?

1 Like

Yes, ytd = yield to date i.e. since Jan 1. Phrased to impress. Since Jan 1 2018 would be lower because return for Jan 1 2018-Dec 31 2018 is negative :blush:

@manch inciting comments from anti-China bloggers?

Well, it’s an objective statement and data. Huawei does pose threat to US dominance.

If the US succeed in pushing more countries to ban Huawei, Nokia and Ericsson could benefit.

Does that mean QCOM is behind Hua wei in 5G chip? Which mean Apple should either design its own 5G or be far behind Chinese handsets in 5G race.

Not the client chips. I meant equipment.

Google, Amazon and Microsoft Will Profit Most From 5G, Not AT&T and Verizon

Always FAANMG :face_with_monocle:

5G means massive data on people’s devices. They will need more memory and storage. Long semis.

Long MU :wink:

More 5G hype. These WS guys have mind sync?

The 5G Revolution Could Send These Stocks Higher

Buy XLNX and QRVO.
MF vs Cramer.

What is the reason QRVO? With P/E = 430 and profit margin 1.9%? Apple supplier?

The MF guy at least knows what XLNX does, Cramer’s guy doesn’t have a clue.

However, thanks to the programmable nature of its FPGAs, Xilinx became the go-to supplier of chips for telecom carriers deploying 5G networks in China and South Korea. When 5G networks start up, carriers might need to make tweaks to their infrastructure to iron out flaws, and FPGAs are well-suited to this purpose because they can be programmed and reprogrammed as required.

1 Like

New ETF FIVG for the lazy investors who want 5G exposure: