A Bit Extreme, No?

If possible, a pic or two of each? You can make us guess which is which…:slight_smile:

Laminate is what all the flippers use…Just put a rug at the sink. …But we saved a lot of money on our Sac apartments. .The previous owner tiled everything. …no carpet replace for the last 17 years…Big problem with laminate and hardwood is fading…Especially if you move the throw rugs…

Now, wait a minute. Didn’t you use to blast laminate as being inferior?

Some comments about how it “sounded funny” and made a clicking sound when you walked on it?

How real wood was well…real? :slight_smile: :grin: :joy:

Damn! You’re human. :grinning:

Interestingly enough, in the current house, only the w-to-w carpet upstairs and the sheet vinyl in the laundry room are original. The sheet vinyl (no was flooring) is still in excellent shape after 30 years albeit a dated and ugly geometric pattern. The upstairs carpet should have been replaced ten or fifteen years ago.

The more I’ve looked at flooring over the years, the more I’ve become convinced that old fashioned sheet vinyl, particularly with coved base so that water can’t get to the subfloor or bottom plate, is something we should all embrace again. Particularly because the manufacturers have made strides in patterns, textures and durability.

But, my tastes just won’t let me go there. Not yet anyway. :confounded:

Ooooh, I might have to throw the flag on sheet vinyl… That time has passed…

Like I said, I can’t go there. But, it’s really not all that bad and has many pluses, particularly durability.

http://www.lowes.com/pd/IVC-12-ft-W-Delta-595-Tile-Low-Gloss-Finish-Sheet-Vinyl/50147588?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA_ONLY--Flooring--SosVinylFloorCovering-_-50147588:IVC&CAWELAID=&kpid=50147588&CAGPSPN=pla&k_clickID=d2c40ffb-7886-4b24-b05f-b9a7944aa92a

Next, you will have to throw the flag on Honda and get another MB. Or, at least an Acura. :slight_smile:

But at least you can resurface the wood. Laminate, not so.

We have some sort of laminate in our rental that has clearly been there for 60 years and is amazingly durable. I can only guess that it is made of asbestos. In the kitchen it rolls up the sides under the cabinets. Good for the kitchen.

I like tile in the kitchen, but what can you get that doesn’t crack when you drop a jar or can on it?

Mud? Stone? My head?

Wait, wait. Vinyl? Carpet? :expressionless:

In a rental laminate is fine…The one I did myself…no clickey clack…We nailed down where needed…got rid of that…Keep plenty of spair pieces if it gets damaged. …For my own home I perfer of fashioned nailed downT and G hardwood finished and sanded on site…big pain and messy for remodeling. …but can be refinished…engineered wood is hard to refinish well…Laminate is easy to replace pieces if you can find them…Some of the laminates look really good…the product is improving and my opinion is evolving…I used a product that looks like old pickled oak, textured and inexpensive. . $1.50/ft at HD…laid it right over vinyl…no under layment…Pulled the base bd and put back in …no shoe…did a whole kitchen and dining area with a helper in 4 hrs

Hmm. Perhaps… but I suspect that tiling the kitchen with skullbones will be very expensive.