A Rancher Is King

Ok, there is a part of 280 near Alum Rock… Hmm, maybe I should look there… or is it the part that goes through Daly City? :slight_smile:

Correct, do not delay, buy it now.

Do not buy 2 story home if you lived 3 ranchers. Now, all my rentals are ranchers, but I live in 2 story home. We prefer to move near by office and decided to go for new ranch primary home. Even if we spend extra amount, it is better to go rancher.

With 3 story homes are coming, ranchers are premium in bay area soon.

I think they are already pricey. One of the place we visited: https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Mateo/30-Mountain-View-Pl-94402/home/749085

1 Like

Kind of ranch is excellent one, I like it, but too far from south bay.

Yea, exact reason. Love the neighborhood. Feel like back in Vancouver or on the mountains without the busyness of Bay Area :slight_smile:

I am old soul, I like my peace and quiet, but my wife still wants a bit more central.

1 Like

Nice but a pool? More work than worth (IMO). Big Bro got rid of his in Saratoga (where at least the weather can be warm enough for a pool).

How much does it cost to properly refill a pool? 20K? Relatively low cost compared to the house price?

1 Like

I removed pool with 10k during 2011, it was almost 20000 gallon pool.

Depends… As you age, swimming might be the best exercise you can get–gentle on the joints. If you don’t like swimming though, skip the pool.

MYO, totally agree that that area is absolutely gorgeous. Whenever I go to SF, I drive via 280 because it makes me really happy. Love the mountains, love the hills, so lovely!

Exactly the reason to buy it now (if you can) and have a renter pay it off :slight_smile:

I’ve seriously thought that this would be a good idea ourselves, but since my husband doesn’t seem to want to settle here and isn’t certain he wants stay with me either, I haven’t bothered to broach the subject with him… :confused:

Big Bro paid $10K too (forgot year) to completely remove it and did an engineered fill so he can build on it. Yes, a mere fraction of the house’s worth…

1 Like

Come to La Honda if you want SS ranchers. That describes most of the town. There is a fairly large contingent of older folks who prefer this style but more young people than say King’s Mountain.
Stairs have pluses and minuses. They keep you in shape but three times as many Americans die from falling down as from being shot.

1 Like

? not worth quarrel over a house. I’m surprised your husband didn’t give way to you. Despite my insistence that house price has peaked in 2007 based on many places are already declining and barclay collapse, my wife insists on buying and overpaid too… I just let go and bit the bullet. I figure we can withstand the onslaught of house and stock decline, so I just let go… after all, money is not the most important thing in life. You don’t have to always make the most logical and rational decision. Irrational and foolish is ok too. You can show him my post, and also invite me and my wife to your place to explain to him. Now I just ignore the fact that we overpaid by $200k at the peak, and just tell her, she made a brilliant decision, price is now 60% over purchase price.

3 Likes

Yeah… more surprised he stayed when I made the serious offer to leave 2 years ago. We’ll see if we can make a decision by 2018 where to go. He seems more on board nowadays to resolve this, just hope he stays that way.

2 Likes

I don’t like ranchers… But i was involved in the the construction of this one modern one story…A rancher dressed up like a craftsman with a view on 2.5 acres…

2 Likes

Damn! 4000 ft single level!

Plus 1500 sf basement area that was left unfinished. .I am sure the buyer finished off and put in a pool

Gorgeous elt1!

Wow… The house is really gorgeous.
It makes my rancher look so tiny. :slight_smile:

BTW, does the second last picture show really 4 washers?
I looked at them carefully but they all look identical to me.
Do they have one washer per each family member?

2 washers, 2 dryers