A Sign Of Too Many Condos Flooding The Market?

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/blog/real-estate/2016/06/cim-group-one-mission-bay-condos-for-sale-sf.html

Well, these condos in Mission Bay are apparently selling well.

Dog Patch -> Mission Bay -> next stop Hunters Point?

I believe Hunters Point is already flaming hot, no?

I am expecting one day for realtors to try to push for a renaming of that area to something more she-she than Hunters Point…

If HP is flaming hot, how about North Bayview? The part of BV that’s closer to the channel is a lot milder than the southern part.

Also, what about Little Hollywood?

Long term, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those areas with all that projected building going on there (Warriors’ stadium hopefully, etc.). The question is can you get in at a decent price now?

Good general information to consider if buying a condo (not intended for you, Manch)

Not good news again on the SF condo sales front…

(Sorry, if chron wall comes up, google for story)

See? As more product rolls off the line there will be pressure to lower selling prices or even consider putting some up for rent at much, much reduced pricing. Something has to give. The laws of economics do not stop for anyone or anything.

2 Likes

Hopefully not from the radioactive matter…

Since the stock market has marched higher since June, did this reflect in SF high-end condo prices?

2 Likes

That was my thinking 3 months ago. But now I think people have the cash but just choose to sit out.

Too many condos coming online and adding to the inventory. It’s like rotting fruit. Anyone who has a condo and is planning to sell in the short term ought to be concerned. Why would anyone buy your condo when they can buy that brand new spanking one down the street that the developer will gladly throw in every bell and whistle to get you to sign on that dotted line? This played out with tract homes out there in Antioch and Brentwood before. Fundamentals, gentlemen. Never buy a commodity that they keep making more of.

Except it’s not condos only. The luxury end of the market, be it condo or SFH, is getting sluggish. Luxury SFH has a higher price point than luxury condos though. So you will need to check out the 1.6 or 1.7m SFH’s to see the sluggishness.

Oh no @sfdragonboy this good looking Sunset house is lowering price. What’s going on???

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco/1466-25th-Ave-94122/home/631089

The address number doesn’t sound good.

An update on the local condo market and where some condo developments are at in terms of sales.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2017/01/11/bay-area-condos-sold-the-fastest-2016.html

I honestly think now is the time to grab some condos in SF. Some are undervalued. The pipeline is already much reduced thanks to the affordable requirement. Price will go back up in a year or two.

Like you have said, if you can find one with a low (reasonable) HOA monthly fee, I suppose I wouldn’t mind owning one. But generally speaking, the new stuff is overpriced and then their fee is pretty high for nonsense stuff that I really don’t use.

Condos in the west and south sides of the city usually have reasonable HOA I think. It’s only in those hipster and old money parts of town where we see crazy HOA’s.

But that’s the rub, in those parts of the city one might be able to find a granted small SFH instead for slightly more. A condo in the NE corner of the city makes sense, just not the cents part.