AAPL and Apple

I already shorted the market, but I am not posting it here openly what I did. No need to specifically do it on AAPL.

Still I have 95% cash position, and almost lost 1.5% in market growth as I stopped investing after 12.07% this year.

Since because you are owning AAPL, every $1 increase makes you happy. Price increase in AAPL is no way going to benefit (except networth) unless you plan to buy or sell which you are not going to do. Playing covered call is also dangerous that may liquidate your position accidentally when market crash.

Hold AAPL as you ever lasting dividend income and look out for other growth areas. IMO, AAPL is highest victory, no denial, but focus on next growth areas.

By focusing too much AAPL, you failed to look out other winners like STNE. Just look at the pre-market and you will realize why. This is supposed to be your next buy and hold.

Same is the case for UBNT…etc. SHOP is alone I am skeptical as they are not in profit margin. TSLA must be your focus too.

Guess both of you didn’t short. When to BTFD?

1980: Apple IPO

Apple launched its initial public offering on December 12, 1980. If you had purchased 10 shares of Apple at the company’s IPO price of $22 per share, they would have cost you $220. Four stock splits and nearly 30 years later, you would own approximately 560 shares of AAPL.

Close today at $186, so annualized return of 17% :grinning:

Since return of late SJ in 1997, annualized return is 33% :grin:

Since Oct 5, 2011, annualized return 19.55%

Return of SJ to Oct 2011, annualized return is a whopping 41.47% :flushed: No wonder lately I’m pissed.

1 Like

How about since SJ died?

Sir, this is your proven success. What is your next AAPL?
(WQJ:Do not say your secret company which I know!).

Like this
https://www.amazon.com/Finding-Next-Starbucks-Identify-Tomorrow/dp/1591841895

1 Like

One of the clouds :slight_smile:

I see millions of cloud over my head, which one !

I don’t know :blush: Need a recession to be more certain. I believe Jim Cramer’s candidates have high probability.

Btw, didn’t realize annualized return of AAPL is damn high, 41+%, during SJ era, I feel like a genius then.

1 Like

So far AAPL rockets faster than I thought. Will Monday Mar 25 be sell the news?

I envy you. :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:

Haven’t paid attention to it for a while and now I’m back in the green :thinking:

2 Likes

No need to pay attention, just collect dividends. Was taunting @manch. Whether sell the news on Mar 25 or not, AAPL should hit new ATH before year end. Apple has rock solid management that is able to adapt quickly to changing economic and competitive environment. Worry if too much and sudden change in management, otherwise leave the work to people much more competent and knowledgeable than us.

@Jil Learn to buy n hold. Even @harriet is better than you in the buy n hold arena. Many traders trade around the core e.g. Hold 1000 shares permanently, trade 200-500 shares i.e. holdings varies from 1000 to 1200-1500 or trade options.

My problem is never holding when the stock is in deep red, it’s the other way around - need to stop myself from locking the gains when it’s rallying.

2 Likes

You can always sell covered calls. That way you should still be able to hold it, but you get some cash flow. If it goes crazy and you have to sell, then you’re patient to wait for a good entry point again.

Nothing to learn, except practice…no control. I need to have permanent memory loss of my passwords!!!’

9 Super-Safe-Growth Stocks for Long-Lasting Dividends

Buy AAPLs.

Huge if true.

1 Like

Just bought a pair of the new AirPods. Cost about the same as one share of AAPL.

1 Like

By the way the online store experience is still subpar. No where did it show on the Apple Store app that my billing address was wrong. Only saw it on the confirmation email. Ended up having to contact their help chat.

Apple hardware is top notch. Apple service is bullshit.

1 Like

It’s because I left them that’s why they are in disarray. They missed my expertise.