And So It (Evictions) Begins

SF = Tent City USA

Tents are safer than these old warehouses , especially in a quake

SF voters have declared that homeless tents on sidewalks are illegal. Is there any change?

I see a lot of tents in SF and Oakland. Not much in other cities.

https://www.google.com/amp/sf.curbed.com/platform/amp/2016/11/10/13576508/san-francisco-homeless-tents-election?client=safari

1 Like

SF only enforces its laws against landlords and law abiding home owner citizens. The homeless get a freeride…

I have a suspicion that’s what’s gonna happen. There are still tons and tons of tents under the elevated freeways in downtown. I went to Rainbow grocery yesterday and there are rows upon rows of tents around the block, some having open fire to beat the cold weather.

Now that we can smoke pot openly in CA will we have pot party in the tents? :smile:

Anyone else goes to Rainbow? It’s like Whole Food, but even wackier. Err, I mean even more progressive.

Dark and lonely on the summer night.
Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.
Watchdog barking - Do he bite?
Slip in his window,
Break his neck!
Then his house
I start to wreck!
Got no reason –
What the heck!
C-I-L-L …
My land - lord …

1 Like

…or not since it is the Fab 7x7 we are talking about here. Why does it take so much more time to render a decision? How about just simply saying it is a commercial space and so it has to remain a commercial space? Bye, bye tenants…

http://www.sfexaminer.com/artists-fight-eviction-warehouse-sf-rent-board/

Then why is eviction legislation that strips landlords of property rights so important? They are prioritizing the rights of the 137,000 people evicted above the rights of millions of property owners. Something that impacts 137,000 shouldn’t even be a campaign issue.

Squeaky wheels get the grease? Is human instinct to help the weak, so siding with the renters scores more political points? Politicians want to win the hearts of people not just those 137k.