Apparently only your genes matter, not your upbringing

Just tell us the conclusions.

You should expand your entertainment horizon instead of watching stupid concubine dramas all the time :woman_facepalming:

Expanded: watch stupid housewife dramas as well.

If your company pays you nothing and it’s all voluntary work, will you still love going to work?

I am teaching kids computer education as a volunteer every Sunday. I donate money and other stuff instead of getting paid. However, it is as rewarding as my paid job.
If i can convince myself that what i am doing is valuable contribution toward the community i care and i enjoy that job, i would probably do it without getting paid as long as i don’t have to spend that time to make money for a living.
However, my company exists to make profit and reward shareholders.
I don’t see very compelling reason to help shareholders make more money for free.
I am sure i can find the place where my knowledge and skills can help broader range of people who needs my help.

3 Likes

Ironically, many people’s biggest help to others/society is the work they are doing at their job when they are going after money. When they quit or retire and try to help people full time, their contribution plummets to the ground and quickly down to 0.1% of what they could do when they were getting paid to do the job they hate.

Intention and result does not agree often. When you do something and someone is eager to pay you to perform, it’s often the case that your work is more valuable than the work nobody is willing to pay for. Money is one objective way to evaluate the usefulness of the work or things.

In some sense, rich people have made more contributions to the society in general. There are exceptions of course. Therefore, mankind should respect and love the rich people, not hate them.

Incidentally many retired rich or wealthy people often volunteer to help others. The world is not equal, 20-80 rule also applies to energy level, kindness, helpfulness, ability, intelligence, physical strength, hate, crime, violence, etc.

Very true for investors and landlords like me. I contribute tons to society by providing the necessary capital for businesses to function efficiently/ build up the capacity to meet customers’ need, providing lodging to people who couldn’t afford to buy homes, and taking care of my immediate and extended family personally at the same time. Tons of contributions!

2 Likes

What will happen if money is banned? Were there an abundance of love and volunteers in native Indian land before North America is corrupted by money from Europe?

When hanera is researching companies to make the best investment and make more money for his family, he has made valuable contributions to allocate our limited resources. His money seeking activity has more value than his leisure time when nobody will pay him

Please, do note that you are the one who challenged my statement that “i was enjoying my work while making money” by asking if i would do it for free as well.
Now, i regret that i spent my time in answering your pointless question.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your answering to my question. Whether the question has a point is to be debated :rofl:

Conversation has evolved from wuqijun->Jane->myself->hanera.

This is a very good conversation and it reveals hidden truth in the value of work, money, life, gender equality, feminism, women’s role in the transitional family economy, truths we don’t want to face.

It will be debated for 20 more centuries.

The purpose of the conversation is to converse and not to win a point or two. The whole universe is ours if we are free to think