As California Loses People, a Las Vegas Suburb Grows

Ex-Californians have flocked to neighboring states like Nevada, Idaho, Utah and Arizona, which are among the fastest growing in the country. Few places have been as affected as Henderson, whose population surged 20% in the last decade to more than 300,000, pushing it past Reno to become Nevada’s second most populous city.

Fifty-six percent of new arrivals in Henderson between 2013 and 2017 were from California, according to Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles data. Home sales in many of the city’s master-planned communities have been dominated by migrants from the West.

Hate it when national news published such info before I make it big there. Haven’t invested a single cent yet. Henderson (not LV) is the suburb that I wanted to invest! Many HK restaurants there. Saw a few pretty Chinese women there.

1 Like

You are way behind the curve. Remember when OneTree bought there 10 years ago. I checked out Vegas Summerlin and Henderson last year. Too damned hot in the summer and colder than the BA in the winter. Prices are good but tenants can be sketchy.

It’s snowing over there……….:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

People don’t realize how cold Vegas is in the winter. Warming up now though.