Austin Is Building a Mini Silicon Valley

Yes. Your friend can get 10 mortgages and get better total returns of appreciation plus cash flow.

You can not do it practically…done.

1 Like

3 Likes

@manch
Slapping your own face? Your chart shows the top two metros is SV and Austin which I own rentals. Your rentals are in SF :crazy_face:

1 Like

I have one in SV. Don’t count me out. :smile:

2 Likes

Also the SF number is misleading. SF MSA includes Oakland and Hayward. By itself SF’s numbers are much higher.

Pittsburg and Phoenix are both doing well. Is Pittsburgh a good place to buy houses since it’s really cheap over there?

Phoenix was a home run for me. Build and sell. Highest rent increases in the USA

1 Like

How about buy and hold in Pittsburg? I heard it’s a walkable city and can be fashionable

Appreciation is non existent in Pittsburgh?

that house was built in 2003. $4.1M purchase price was probably for land only.

Correct, I have 6M figure ==>see (even if it is 6M, ROI is higher)<== assuming 2M for build price in 2003.

Current property tax says addition 2697201. Assuming build price 2M, property tax is increased every year at 2% = 2M*(1.02)^13= 2.7M.

It should rise with inflation. Appreciation could be double CA if Pittsburgh becomes in demand.

65k for a duplex. If there’s a fire, you can get an instant 4x appreciation

https://www.redfin.com/PA/Pittsburgh/2224-Arlington-Ave-15210/home/74491931

Looks like a real nice part of town. Why is it the south side of town is always the worst part of town? Convenient for the thugs that live there. Can walk to the probation office:sunglasses:

So if Pittsburgh has appreciation does that mean this place was worth $35k in 2010?

Here is a comp for $21k.
https://www.redfin.com/PA/Pittsburgh/1726-Concordia-St-15210/home/74687981

1 Like

See here , why I am bullish on SV?

At least 5,000 tech workers could become millionaires after their companies go public later this year, according an analysis from a big data realtor in Silicon Valley.

Compass big data realtor Deniz Kahramaner estimates that at least 5,000 employees across eight companies — Airbnb, Instacart, Lyft, Palantir, Pinterest, Postmates, Slack and Uber — could become millionaires after their company goes public in 2018.

“All these IPOs are coming, and $150 billion to $250 billion are going to be unlocked in market capitalization over the next two years,” explains Kahramaner. “All those newly rich tech employees are going to have a significant impact on the real estate market.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lyft-uber-slack-airbnb-ipo-millionaires-123523288.html

1 Like

Eye catching but mega cap companies produce 5,000 new millionaires every year ! This type of talk doesn’t compare with the relevant relative attributes :slight_smile: merely implied the impact is great.

AgileCraft is an Austin startup.

@manch move fast before @sggg beats you to getting a house in Austin.

@sggg is going to buy that Sunnyvale duplex, no?

TEAM sounds like a project management and issue tracking tool that have been around since software development. What make TEAM so special?