Austin MSA vs SFBA and TX vs CA

went there in late march to check it out, see which area is good
yup, taking a long time cuz not really a big rush. Don’t want to overpay for house right now.

Apart from being boring place, crime is getting higher too. One of my friend lives in 77070, almost every week/ month there’s a home break in his apt community. His apt got robbed as well.

My best friend moved to Houston 15+ years ago. I don’t know anyone in plano though

Yeah, not going to move directly in houston, but more like in sugar land and katy where crime is better.
But for real , compare to crime in bay area, it’s nothing

2 Likes

if you are talking to me, hard to move with two kids and both jobs. Also need to figure out where my parents want to end up. So stasis/indecision with complaining about CA is the current path forward. :rofl:

No , not you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

what? their grocery is so much better there - did you go to even a normal Kroger or HEB or Central Market? I miss those places…

3 Likes
1 Like

Texas is Huge in wind and solar. People don’t give credit when credit is due.
Everything is good vs. bad. No nuance.

Try building some wind turbines in Cali and the NIMBYs and environmental groups will shut you down quick!

#1 in Wind

#2 in Solar

1 Like

Poor guy

:palm_tree: :hotsprings:

Are people complaining or journalists want to make a fuss? Techies are spreading the wealth. Those who sell to techies can now move elsewhere to overbid those properties. Those… everybody become richer… may be not those who are renting. So please buy something.

1 Like

Please move to NW suburbs (e.g. Round Rock, Leander) of Austin (from SF) if you want to feel rich.

What’s a good “Value” suburb of Austin. i.e. balance of price, commute to major work destinations, good schools(not just good scores but balanced education), low crime, newer infrastructure, good day/nightlife etc?

Whether that’s

1. Today
    OR
  2. High chance of happening in 5 years.

Was messing around. Already so expensive. May be Leander 78641 :slight_smile: If you want more rural like, more acres but further away from work centers (using toll roads would be ok, $ vs time), Liberty Hill :slight_smile:

A nice house in Leander.
https://www.redfin.com/TX/Leander/2937-Mossy-Springs-Dr-78641/home/147335548

1 Like
1 Like

How long before we are back in deficit?

It could be this year if the stock market keeps tanking. The state is HEAVILY dependent on stock market gains for the income tax revenue.