Austin MSA vs SFBA and TX vs CA

In other words people are moving in and pushing out the cows to Texas where they belong…

General Sheridan wrote:

If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent Texas and live in Hell.

1 Like

Stewart Butterfield, the co-founder of both Slack and Flickr, and his wife Jen Rubio, CEO of luggage manufacturer Away, listed their Presidio Heights mansion this week, reports. The 7,700-square-foot, seven-bed Victorian at 3636 Clay Street hit the market on Monday at $19.8 million.

The pair are leaving San Francisco for Aspen, Colo., where they recently purchased a $25 million mountain home, reports the WSJ.

They are moving for Luxury home !

Aspen is very expensive RE Multi-millions Mega Mansions !

1 Like

:wave:t3:

…and now the exodus is a mental health issue. Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any crazier it finds a way.

We can get crazier. We are just getting started :imp:

I get the bottom 5. Dirt poor Deep South. But New Jersey
Illinois and California in top ten? I guess people just like to complain. But California has everything I want. I won’t move. Texas 36 , pretty unhappy place.

In groundbreaking plan, California allows affordable housing on some commercial properties

https://archive.ph/Z0yhY

1 Like

Bottomline question will be what is the total cost of building including land. As has been recently seen if it costs $800K-$1M currently even for affordable, and if that is still the case someone will have to subsidize the cost, most probably the “non-affordable” section of the housing built, resulting in their costs going up.

Jerks!

No more Chevron with Techron!

Only 10% down. What’s the interest rate though :laughing:
?

The requirements for low income units and paying union wages means none of these projects will get financing or get built. House builders have never paid Union scale wages. And there isn’t enough fat in a project to allow for subsidies to build BMRs…. This all political horse shit.

The reality is people will still be attracted to the exburbs where houses cost substantially less than the $800-$1m per unit for new construction.
Bullish for Tahoe prices. And Sacramento MSA

2 Likes

Honestly, that’s how it should be. Free speech exists for a reason. The whole cancel culture stuff is BS. They should make it illegal for employers to take action on speech too.

Salary range not a single number, right?