Austin Real Estate

FOMO?

Might be buying another brand new 1-story 3300+ square footage on over 12,000 sqft lot.

1 Like

for high $400s to low $500s in Leander, depending on design and structural options.
4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 3 car garages.

So your tenants will be living better than you are? :thinking:

Is that the house you just bought or some rando picture you found online?

1 Like

Ranch 99 and HMart have set up shops in
Austin :grinning:

1 Like

Other than Henry M. Gunn, PA High, Saratoga High and Los Altos High, Westwood High (78759) is ranked higher than any high schools in South bay.

Best High School in Austin, WestLakes High is ranked higher than PA High.

K-12 schools in Austin are very good.

1 Like

Yoda is this your wife’s new gig?

Seeking Startup Jackpot, Lottery.com Relocates From SF To Austin

1 Like

Finally a startup for the construction industry :slight_smile: and is based in Austin :grinning: @manch an Austin startup!

1 Like

Austin job market is the hottest

AMZN told the American-Statesman it plans to hire the new employees over a period of several years to fill a 145,000-square-foot space in four floors of a North Austin development called the Domain. The employees will be focused on software and hardware engineering, cloud computing and research science.

AMZN is coming to The Domain :star_struck: too.

@manch Persuade your significant half quickly and decisively.

2 Likes

I floated the idea of moving to San Ramon. Wife said she will stay in SF and visit me on weekends. Hmm… :thinking:

2 Likes

That could be an awesome deal depending on who you talk to :slight_smile:

Though I suspect your daughter will stay with you given the schools in San Ramon which can be a terrible deal depending on who you talk to. :smile:

Now that you mention it my wife seems to be a better negotiator than I thought… :thinking:

You’ve been henpecked.

8 of LinkedIn’s 10 most-admired companies hiring in Austin

GOOG
FB
AMZN
CRM :-1:
Deloitte
Uber
AAPL
Airbnb :-1:
ORCL
DELL

@manch Don’t worry, startups would come in droves once SWEs got tired of working for above companies. Buy now and wait!

Indeed leases again at The Domain, bringing Austin total to over 1 million square feet

@hanera, do you have any examples (current listings) of good rental properties in the Domain neighborhoods you mentioned in OP? Maybe you posted before but I missed.

Use Austinhomesearch

1 Like

For those who don’t live in the past and skate to where the puck is,

Austin region fastest-growing large metro in the nation 8 years running, data shows

As some big cities lose residents, Austin is adding them faster than anywhere else

Austin-area home sales, median price hit record highs for March

According to Redfin, NW Austin would be hot in 2019. As if :grinning:

Golden nuggets,

“We had been looking to move to Austin because we had been doing a lot of research on the city, and we thought it would be a great place to raise our children and had job opportunities in the IT field,” said Plotnick, whose family is renting while they scour for a house. “We aren’t concerned about the cost of living because it is less expensive than where we moved from.”

After several years of double-digit home price appreciation in Travis County, Chief Appraiser Marya Crigler said a “slight softening” of the residential market slowed the pace of home price growth a bit.

The announcement in December about Apple’s plans for new $1 billion, 133-acre campus in Austin “seemed to reinvigorate investors looking to buy property in Northwest Austin in preparation for future tech employees that will be searching for a place to rent once the new campus is completed.”

The demand for housing is there, but what about supply? CA house prices are high because NIMBY’s are refusing to build. Do we have similar dynamics in Austin?

You can easily analyze take up in Austin using public websites such as Reddin. For example, 78727 where Apple Inc is,

Now, 10 homes available.
1 month ago, sold 23 homes. Avg 23 homes sold per month.
3 months ago, sold 71 homes. Avg 24 homes sold per month.
6 months ago, sold 122 homes. Avg 20 homes sold per month.

CA is a State. Austin is a city!!! What kind of comparison. Neighborhoods where there are no development, prices are rising at double digits. New construction are mostly in Northern suburbs such as Leander, Cedar Park and Round Rock. If you want Nimby effect, have to buy near to downtown and up to 78729. What to invest in depends on whether you want cash flows or appreciation. Mine are mostly for cash flows.

2 Likes