Average Millionaire’s College GPA is 2.9

If one spends too much effort on getting a good grades but no idea what he wants to do with his life, he will most likely underperform against another who is passionate about something and only maintain his grades to an ok level.

Motivation is more important than gpa. Some top students are doing a good GPA without knowing why. They just blindly work to get a good GPA and wonder what they should do afterwards.

Frankly most of the college courses are useless. It’s still better to go since everyone thinks it is good to go and most people need to get hired by a boss.

University is a way to prevent revolution and social unrest due to excess labor after the industrial revolution and medical advances. If you have millions of unemployed 18-22 year old, crime could be a big problem. Also employers can reduce the amount of training.

Many PhD programs are there to reduce unemployment for college graduates.

Not everyone can become a Zuckerberg. Better leave your options open and nail that entry level computer science class.

Most college kids just take some useless classes that’s easy to pass. They go to college to avoid unemployment and also make some new friends. An expensive way to make friends and avoid being lonely at home.

BAGB,

Are you talking about yourself?

1 Like

I worked 20+ hours/week in college, double majored with a somewhat decent GPA, and graduated in less than 4 years. I am a big advocate of not paying for your kids’ college education. They don’t cherish it and waste their time and your money.

1 Like

Unfortunately no :rofl:

I think college should be reserved for top 10% who will become professionals. Other students don’t need bother. The tuition debt is unnecessary and one purpose is to provide income to the excessive number of PhDs.

Many of the college kids should go work in long term care facility and become more useful

You have good potential to be 10M in 20 years

Yeah right. Tough talk. Update us when your kids are college age.

1 Like

Even if you know college is useless, every parents stil send kids to college so that the kid won’t leave behind. But in reality, 80% of the college graduates don’t need to go

Sure not a problem, long wait though if it gets to that :slight_smile:

You see her no up. She is already there. Next stop is $100M.

Truth be told I have never met any parent who says he/she isn’t saving for kids’ college. There’s even a subtle social pressure if you don’t have a actionable semi decent plan.

You haven’t met my parents.

Your parents had the money but refused to pay?

Why pay when there’s student loan.

Why did Harriet not get student loan to pay for her tuition and living expenses? What’s the point to work 20 hours per week?

If you have money, you can avoid interest in loans

Student loans don’t incur interest while you’re in school. Use that money to invest elsewhere.

Someone says that it does incur interest when you are at school but the payment only starts after graduation.

Subsidized loans don’t accrue interest until after graduation. Your kids’ eligibility is based on your financial situation.

Anyhow I worked so I could graduate debt-free, gave some money to my parents, and saved enough to buy my first car.

1 Like

Graduate debt free? How can you afford the tuition and living expenses from a part time job? Did you get a tuition waiver?

I think you have overburdened yourself to think of giving your parents money when you are at school