Back in market in 2 months (Santa Clara)

We do private tours all the time during weekdays or during weekend mornings. Just came back from one. I have done tours within a day of house being listed. This is the first time I am seeing an OH for general public on Thursday morning. May be I missed them.

Agree, it looks like a blue collar neighborhood. A lot of houses in 3BD/1BA configuration and smaller (<1200 sq ft). No family rooms and at least one bedroom that is too small to be used as a real bedroom.
Most of the houses now coming up have been upgraded nicely for selling by the owners. Or flippers have updated them significantly.

Squeezing 4 BD/2BA in 1100 Sq ft. This is upcoming

makes burlingame ones i posted elsewhere look like steal :slight_smile:

No, not really.

sure.

if you look at price per sq ft

Did you mean this one

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Clara/2609-Elliot-St-95051/home/674884

Sold May 25: 1.06M
Listed July 11: 1.49M

how much can a contractor invest and accomplish in short 1.5 months to justify a $500K increase

How can they fit β€œ4 beds, 2 bath, living room, family room, dining room, kitchen in 1315sf”? :astonished:

1 Like

garage?

That house looks blue from the street, but the closer pics look grey. It clearly looks like:

1. New flooring
  2. New kitchen cabinets, counter tops, and appliances (no fridge)
  3. Fresh paint
  4. New/updated fireplace
  5. Recess lighting is probably new
  6. Are the windows and sliding glass door new?
  7. Bathrooms are updated
  8. New landscaping

It’d be nicer if they full opened up the kitchen and made that an island. I bet the wall was structural, since they kept the ends and a large header. They probably did the work opening up that wall too.

The bedrooms are TINY. I think it’d be more desirable to only have 3 but make them larger. That or at least turn 2 into a larger master bedroom.

Imagine, this home comes with the privilege of paying $16,000+/yr in property taxes too. That $1,333/mo is more than most of America pays for PITI or rent. It’s hard to feel like you β€œown” a home when property taxes are a mortgage payment.

1 Like

Its simple. First you put 4 BD/2BA living, dinning and kitchen in 1050 Sq ft. After that it’s just a matter of putting 250 sq ft for the family room. You can easily fit a family room in 250 sq ft.

PS: Many properties in this area with 4 BD/2BA between 1000-1200 sq ft. Missing only family room.

Family room and living room are redundant. I would get rid of living room, connect family room and dining room as a single open space.

This design can add 1 bedroom to each house. Our housing shortage can be reduced by 33%.

Become a HDB unit :slight_smile:

Easy, they got an awesome deal off market. This would have gone for easily 1.2M if it actually went on MLS.

Also this neighborhood is a lot nicer overall feeling than the houses on the west side of Bowers/Monroe like where the OP was.

The investor is a high tech drop out; not a contractor. I suspect some technie will pay the asked price for it. There are a few of them showing me flips they have done not on the market with even higher mark ups.
The Goog developers did not pay much at Tamien Station. $1.3M for .4 ac designated for condos. Another 5 parcels went for 5.5M forget how many 100s units they can build. These spec rentals nearby selling 1-2M today one has to wait until 2025-2027 before the offices are ready. Right now few of the residents there even speak English. To hoard a home on a larger lot near Goog Village today is not the same buying a home at court house for a song in EPA.
Sam Shueh

Price drop $80K

The area close to Lawrence and Monroe has 3 flipper homes within 1 mile of each other for OH this weekend.

Looks like flippers are starting to see the market as risky

Price drop ($70K)

Check property history. The price was dropped even before the listing?