Bankrupt Senior Moved From Monterey to Iowa

Come on PT, you know I am not proficient in English.
I still love you…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I remember this other guy…OTH?
What happened to him?

OTH lives in a trailer in Vegas. Lexa lives in a bunker, formally a missle silo…Mediaguru moved back to DC and was a victim of street crime…Mike_ is still living in his parents basement. …lol

2 Likes

From Crazyman on Patrick.net…looks like he got married too…maybe more sane now…

Funny he bought just a few months after calling me a f**king idiot cheerleading pollyana…
I want my apologies. …lol

9 CrazyMan 2014 Sep 5, 11:08am ↑ like (2) ↓ dislike quote top bottom home share
I agree it’s more stressful, but overall I’m glad I did it. If I could go back, I may have gotten something smaller. It’s a lot of work to maintain a big house.

So, I bought a short sale in 2012, 8 year old complete rebuild, beautiful house, just shy of 3000 sq ft. I got pretty lucky, threw out a lowball offer in the middle of winter and the bank accepted it. It didn’t hurt that I let the RE agent double dip. My mortgage is less than $1800 a month @ 3.5%.

Granted I live in BFE, but it’s a beautiful and quiet place (most of silicon valley is a shithole imo). But, it takes a special kind of person to live up here; I grew up here and my family is here, so I’m used to it.

I work in Campbell, so my commute is not too bad.

He is definitely more sane than most on Patrick.net, especially compared to APOCALYPSEFUCK_is_ADORABLE’s

Mediaguru moved back to DC? Why?

Mediaguru was teacher in Napa? If he moves to DC, he may have to restart pension accumulation. Pension loss could be huge and most people do not realize how valuable their pension is worth.

I would like to get a government job with pension and low stress. Any tips?

Get a janitor job on BART. Pays 200K+ I heard… with plenty of lunch breaks. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Media was miserable in Cali, couldn’t wait to go home. …frankly I don’t know or care…just having fun at the bears expense

Elt1 is joking. Mediaguru was happy on his 1 acre with fruit trees. He just didn’t like getting bashed by elt1, so he left the forum.

2 Likes

I hear you, but I wish we could do it over again. I think my husband learned his lesson.

That said, this boom isn’t doing RWC residents very well either. A lot of people getting gentrified out. Someone recently on Nextdoor said their landlord raised the rent $1K a month. I think she ended up moving somewhere across the Bay and out farther. There are a lot of people wishing prices would go down.

I have a friend with a small 3/2 in RWC…Gets $2600 rent…Tenant is complaining of mold in the wettest winter in 30 years…I told him to sell…Won’t, does want to pay taxes…Lives in Smith Valley Nevada…Market rent $3k

1 Like

Using my simple thumb rule, if he has purchased this home less than or around 500k, there is no point to sell anymore as this home gives better returns forever.