Bay Area home price down

Seller was smoking crack to ask for $1.9M. Bathroom looked like it hadn’t been updated for 50 years.

That part of SF, together with Golden Gate Height, seems to be selling for a lower price. Why is that? Is it the fog? Or the big TV tower?

Radiation from the Sutro Tower.

I’ve noticed this quite a few times before. Completely updated house inside and out, except the original pink or green bathroom tiles were left alone. I have only seen it in SF. Do those tiles have a special charm to a certain population?

It was sold at 800k in 2000. Merely a double in 19 years. Does it lag SP500?

Maybe the kind of people who want to live there has moved elsewhere. Might be due to demographic shift

S&P before or after the Dot bomb crash?

From 1996 to 2009, SP had zero return.

From 2000 to 2013, SP had zero return.

So it seems that 13 year zero return for stocks is a pattern.

From 2000 peak to today, SP doubled in 19 years, similar to this SF house. But with a 20% down, SF house still wins by 5 fold.

From 2003 trough to today, SP tripled. Probably matching the performance for 20% down SF house.

It’s very hard to compare. But I think housing price double in the last 19 years should be fairly common in most of US.

Anyone has the calculated total return for a biweekly dollar avarage equal amount purchase of SP from 1/1/2000?

1 Like

This house in Noe is struggling to sell.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco/1413-Noe-St-94131/home/802629

I mean, just look at it. Looks like a midget. Of course it’s a challenge to sell something like this.

Buyer got a good deal there.

300k is a decent spread. No. Flipper didn’t lose money.

Is Noe Valley part of southeast SF?

Still insist in return computation :crazy_face: why not use 0% down.

Keep dreaming.

20% down is the most common form. We should focus on common people, not creeps such as 0% down or cash purchase. Those people are too smart to need any analysis

Why compare apples to oranges. You should compare SF house to AAPL or GOOG. Compare the entire US housing market to the S&P.

Stop cherrypicking and manipulating data to rationalize your belief that real estates are better investments than stocks. It only shows how misguided you are.

National home price also doubled since 2000. It’s the same appreciation as this particular SF house

So what? S&P also doubled since 2000. Don’t even try to use leverage as an excuse. I can also say that my stock’s return is infinity because those shares were given to me for free as options grants.

Your labor has some value I assume.

Wrong assumption.That was covered by the salary.