Berkeley market is hot

There is a waterfront property on my street in Tahoe fir $1.2m

Way better deal

That landscape/hardscape/pool is 100s of thousands of dollars. Looks like a value buy relative to Atherton.

1 Like

Yeah. 7M is totally worth it, assuming the final price is anywhere close.

No. :slight_smile:

480 Pullman in not prime Hillsborough. Prime areas are in the flat areas near Burlingame country club.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how nice the house is. If you neighbor builds a 4-plex 7M will be halved.

Everyone who owns a house in R-1 zone is by default a racist. Every policy that can potentially hurt any minority is a racist policy. Honestly if that happens people would be truly free because everyone is a racist so it won’t matter anymore.

Sacramento already is in the process of removing R-1 zoning. If Berkeley eliminates R-1 too, it’s going to spread to the rest of the bay area and the rest of California. I need to decide whether I should wait for my neighbor to screw me first or I should be the pioneer on my block to become the most hated neighbor.

3 Likes

Berkeley is extremely difficult to build in. Can’t imagine how they could cram higher density into the hills. With narrow streets and many ADUs already. Parking is already a nightmare and the extra density will create a death trap in a fire. Berkeley has never been accused of sanity. However I truly believe this is typical mea culpa bullshit to pretend they care about minorities.

Love the article. Unknowingly they point out the greed and stupidity of renters unions. They want free housing. They want someone else to pay for it. And they want to kick out all the rich people that pay the taxes so that they can have subsidized housing. How exactly is that going to happen?. Turning wealthy neighborhoods into slums will turn Berkeley into Detroit.
Places are only cheap to live because nobody wants to live there.
Plenty of cheap housing in the Midwest. The opposite of gentrification is ghettoization. Communists working hard to make everyone poor.

Berkeley has two big issues. One is the Hayward Fault.
Is high density housing along a fault a good idea?
The other is the cost of housing at $650/sf for multi family . Not a very cost effective place to build”affordable “ housing
Better to build in Merced… the new Berkeley according to UC.

This is just an instance of what @Marcus quoted (forgot his name), “Once people figure they can vote themselves free stuffs…” Forgot the exact phrasing :relaxed: This is what I feel is the biggest issue in USA,

Berkeley hasn’t been part of the United States for a long time.
In fact when I introduce myself and my Russian wife, I tell people we both refugees from communist regimes. Liberals are often offended.

1 Like

:smile:

Burlingame $3M house pending in 7 days.

Fremont. Pending in 10 days.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Fremont/33275-Sunriver-Cmn-94555/home/1489190

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/54-Vicente-Rd-Berkeley-CA-94705/111395247_zpid/?

Pretty much most of my bookmark listing in Bay Area pending less than 2 weeks.
San Jose, pending 6 days, listed $820k, sold $1.01M
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4679-Paloma-Ave-San-Jose-CA-95111/19814211_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

1 Like

Why is the market super heated up now suddenly ?

Jackpot. Too much money chasing too little supply.
The Fed has inflated the system. People can’t waste their money on restaurants and overseas vacations. The stock market is making stupid money. The government is giving everyone free money. Cash is worth less that fake money like Bitcoin according to Musk. People are buying hard assets like RE. In Tahoe the inventory is down 75%. Anything and everything gets multiple offers over asking

Most expensive house ever in Tahoe Keys. Pending after 2 months.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/South-Lake-Tahoe/259-Beach-Dr-96150/home/167282591?utm_source=myredfin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=listings_update&riftinfo=ZXY9ZW1haWwmbD0xOTQ4Nzc3NyZwPWxpc3RpbmdfdXBkYXRlc19kYWlseV8yNCZhPWNsaWNrJnM9c2F2ZWRfc2VhcmNoJnQ9dmlld19kZXRhaWxzJmVtYWlsX2lkPTE5NDg3Nzc3XzE2MTM4MTU0MTJfMTQmdXBkYXRlX3R5cGU9NCZzYXZlZF9zZWFyY2hfaWQ9NDUwNDU0OTcmbGlzdGluZ19pZD0xMjY2MzU0MDUmcHJvcGVydHlfaWQ9MTY3MjgyNTkxJnBvc2l0aW9uX251bWJlcj04

Even though it is easier to make money in stock market recently. When the bubble/ dream burst which it would eventually, hard asset is the place to be. So… make tons of money in the market as much as possible now, and plough some winnings into RE regularly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Remember we are one stroke away from a crash.
Biden has had 2 brain aneurysms in the past. The human body does not age well. Anything negative anywhere in the world could crash the market. This is just one scenario

This is happening. Other cities will soon follow.

Be nice to your neighbors. Otherwise they might threaten you with a 4-plex next to your 7M trophy house.

1 Like

Np…

Buy the neighbors’ lots … make offers that they cannot refuse