Big Brother Wins Again

Come on, your own flesh and blood??? That, is cold…

1 Like

If I guess right, such wash deals make a book loss in transaction to file low taxes. Ultimate winners are both brothers, loser is India Tax agency.

1 Like

Perhaps, but if you are little brother, do you want to take the hit on your rep?

Good business people don’t discriminate just because it’s your relative. Should you bail your brother out of a crime if you were the juror?

You can gift your brother $1B if you really like him, just don’t let his business become zero or negative. Buy him out when it gets cheap and can be profitable to you.

This is a smart brother in India. Lets see what gift he will send to his brother.

Well, when it comes to legit business (not crime or anything illegal) I would not fight a family member or intentionally go after one. Bad karma…

Um… you might have a point. Maybe one should discriminate. For one, incest is taboo… :rofl:

A mutually agreed business aquisition is beneficial to both parties. Should be good for both.

I am thinking together couldn’t they have cornered the market then and dictated pricing? Why fight each other? Win together, right?

Wouldn’t that make it a monopoly? That’s where antitrust laws will ding you for that.

Maybe they fought too hard over the father’s estate. Since big brother bought the little brother’s business instead of driving him to bankruptcy, it’s still pretty good deal. The little brother can deploy the billions on other business instead

“somewhat ironically, was started by his brother, who is India’s richest man. The two siblings divided up the Reliance empire their father created, after a bitter succession battle following his death in 2002.”

In India? I suppose here, Bezos should be concerned about the government coming down on his baby one day…

Back in the old days, brothers kill each other in order to become the next emperor. This is already too humane… :rofl:

No doubt, but it would be interesting to somehow get the old man’s take on it. Maybe, he is all for survival of the fittest too, so sons go for it. Or, not…

Hope so. I’m already sick of Bezos. Let’s have to government ding him the same way they did to Rockefeller. :rofl:

IMO, It would mutual benefit each other and there is no fight. Many big businesses spin off or take over to get benefit.

When two businessmen of such nature (Ambani’s) agree, there will be some big benefit for them.

Mukesh Ambani Won the World’s Most Expensive Sibling Rivalry

Being the brother of Asia’s richest man is harder than you think.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-06-03/mukesh-ambani-won-the-world-s-most-expensive-sibling-rivalry