Asia Pacific Stocks

I just heard about this Rob guy today. Watched a couple of his videos. He shares my :-1: on Baidu:

Probably accounted for since market cap of BIDU is pretty low compared to TCEHY, BABA and GOOG. Btw, what he said after mentioning WeChat? Is it toutiao or meituan? The English pronunciation of those words are fairly different from the Chinese words.

1 Like

Weixin. The Chinese name of wechat.

1 Like

I got on PDD site. They sell tissues, soap and cloths. Their merchandise selection is limited. Disregard their 10 lawsuits(IPO related), government is investigating contraband brands. Most money is already spent in making a name for itself. I imagine the legal settlement fee will topple their cash reserve.

Why Tencent Holdings Is a Great China Play Ahead of Earnings Article is published before the game banning news. Earning is on Aug 15.

Investing in China is not for the faint-hearted. Chinese economy is slowing and I dislike the lack of clarity when it comes to their government’s stance on business. With U.S. market offering such clear directions, why invest in Asian markets?

By all accounts, an investment in Tencent is an investment in China’s consumer base.
What I’d be looking for in the upcoming second quarter results is the move for monetization for their licensing efforts on Battleground, and sales growth on Fortnite.

China Stocks very red today. US stocks mostly green.

I decided to never buy chinese stocks ever again. Got beaten couple times. not again!

Guess, you need to wait for them to do a bottoming process, still going down like bitcoin :frowning:

I was championing JD. That sucker… I option’ed it that’s the sad part. Too volatile for my taste.

Since I’m a gamer, accumulating 10cents.

Looks like central committee team is at it again to keep the Shanghai composite from not going too much red. Good times for day traders? Buy before lunch and sell after lunch. Repeat next day!

Hinting that you’re trading successfully or not happy that traders are making tons :slight_smile:

Shares of Chinese game-streaming company Huya Inc. HUYA, -14.05% are down 15% in Tuesday morning trading after the company posted in-line results, but analysts said that the company’s margins may be a concern in the near future.

Battered Tencent Looks for a Bottom After $150 Billion Wipeout

Investors in Tencent Holdings Ltd., once the hottest stock in Asia, are trying to figure out where the bottom is.

The hit comes as game revenue growth slows and trade tensions between the U.S. and China punish wide swaths of the market. But what has investors most concerned is the regulatory setbacks in a country where the government can make – or break – fortunes.

Because you are doing it the wrong way. I’ve held China stocks for years. I have positions well above my purchase price.

10c is my worse performer. It’s only up 1.1%. BABA is second at 9.3%. There was a time when the China stocks were my best performers.

1 Like

Me: bidu up 110%, baba up 65%, 10c up 15%, ashr down 25%.

1 Like

No. 2007.

I am just happy that Chinese government is back to spending billions per day to prop the market and currency again.